Why Belong to ALA?
Solving problems, continuing your education, advocating, transforming libraries, connecting and accessing resources
Join ALA to:
- Connect with like-minded colleagues
- Get more involved in your profession
- Build leadership skills
- Tap into a support system for all professional levels
- Contribute to the ongoing transformation of libraries
Access and experience:
- The advocacy tools that help you demonstrate your library’s value
- Resources and tools for all types of libraries
- The best in continuing education and professional development
- Timely and fun conferences
- Prestigious ALA awards recognizing libraries, literature, and literacy achievements
- Numerous members-only savings
Have the opportunity to:
- Be an active player in keeping open access to information
- Promote 21st-century literacy
- Champion lobbying for public policies that benefit libraries
- Support MLIS accreditation best practices and ethical standards
As a member you also support ALA’s current areas of strategic focus.
- Information Policy
- Professional and Leadership Development
Your investment in membership allows ALA to develop and deliver a world of benefits to you, your library, and your profession—now and throughout your career.
Find out more about ALA membership, including reduced membership costs for students, new, non-salaried, and international members.