- 2:30 PM-4:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:30 PM-3:00 PM (Central)
- 12:30 PM-2:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:30 AM-1:00 PM (Pacific)
The field of librarianship and information services continues to evolve and expand. While new job titles and specializations are on the rise, opportunities for leadership are not always clear to those aspiring to leadership roles. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “The Best Way to Move Toward Leadership in Your Career,” on Wednesday, March 27, at 1:30-3:00 p.m. CT.
This webinar offers participants a new perspective on challenges and opportunities in their workplace and field, and tools to continue to grow, whatever your current position. The webinar is based on presenter's new book: Be Opportunity Minded: Start Growing Your Career Now (to be published by ALA Editions in January 2019)
Participants will gain:
- A clear understanding of the realities and challenges in their workplace and field today, as these relate to their own career development
- The ability to describe how becoming opportunity-minded will allow them to capitalize on career opportunities within their workplace and field
- A plan for identifying and choosing the right opportunities to help them move their career toward leadership roles in line with their chosen career direction
- The tools, checklists and strategies to help them move forward in their careers
- Resources for taking their career to the next level
This webinar addresses several of LLAMA's Foundational Leadership Competencies including forward thinking, and communication skills.
Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend: library and information services professionals who are interested in moving their career forward and deepening their satisfaction and leadership potential in their work, as well as continuing to make a difference in their field. It is appropriate for those just entering the field of librarianship, those at mid-career and those who are at late career.
It is especially useful to those who are feeling "stuck" in their current role and want to be re-energized or wish to explore their options for pursuing leadership possibilities within the field.
Dr. Caitlin Williams, Career coach, researcher, consultant, North Ridgeville, Ohio
Registration: LLAMA member $49; Non-LLAMA member $59; LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199; Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239; Student: $29
To register with a purchase order or by mail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t attend the live event? No problem! If you register you will automatically receive a link to the recorded version for later viewing.
How to Register
Tech Requirements: This webinar uses GoToWebinar software which may require a small download.