LLAMA webinar: "Multimedia Spaces: Creating a Culture of Creativity"
This webinar will focus on what library leaders need to know in order to create and showcase multimedia spaces and services as assets to the Library and to the community/campus.
Participants will gain:
- Perspective on the academic and cultural need to have such a space in the Library;
- Knowledge about the minimum space, equipment, hardware, software, and staffing requirements to have such an area;
- Multiple levels of service implementation ideas
- Insight into how adding an instruction and/or Multimedia Literacy program component can affect such a space and the community it is in;
- Perspective on what it means to work in and manage this type of MakerSpace;
- Learn from challenges, lessons learned, and future of these spaces.
Shelly McCoy is Librarian and Head of the Student Multimedia Design Center, a the University of Delaware Library. She also chairs ALA’s popular Video Round Table (VRT) online Multimedia Production Discussion Group. She draws on this experience to present a well-informed picture of successful multimedia production areas in libraries.