- 2:30 PM-4:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:30 PM-3:00 PM (Central)
- 12:30 PM-2:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:30 AM-1:00 PM (Pacific)
In this webinar, we will share proven strategies for creating an environment for productive coaching conversations, discuss best practices on how to give and receive feedback, and walk through scenarios of feedback gone wrong (and how to repair relationships). We will draw examples from several library organization structures, ask participants to reflect on their experiences as both deliverers and recipients of feedback, and provide resources to support participants in future feedback conversations.
This webinar will address several of LLAMA's foundational leadership competencies including: Communication skills, Collaboration and partnerships, Emotional intelligence, and Conflict resolution (personnel).
Participants will learn:
- The elements of an effective feedback conversation
- The barriers to a successful feedback conversation
- The warning signs of a feedback conversation that is not going well
- Strategies to create meaningful, precise, and constructive feedback
- How to identify and repair off-track feedback conversations, as well as when to pause and try again another time.
Who Should Attend
Library managers, project team leaders, administrators, and anyone who gives feedback
Dani Brecher Cook and Rachel Lewin, University of California, Riverside, Library
LLAMA member $49; Non-LLAMA member $59; LLAMA group rate (5 or more people) $199; Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more) $239; Student: $29
How to Register
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
To register with a purchase order or by mail, contact Vicky Williams: email@example.com
Can’t attend the live event? No problem! If you register you will automatically receive a link to the recorded version for later viewing.
This webinar uses GoToWebinar software which may require a small download.