This webinar will present case studies of positive and adverse examples of group and individual management in a multigenerational workforce, with emphasis on millennial colleagues. Intergenerational communication and management techniques focusing mostly on millennial workers, but also touching on all generations currently in the library workforce, will be discussed.
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- Identify unique and shared generational characteristics and work expectations of Millennials and other generations currently represented in the library workforce
- Discover identifiable precursors to challenging and successful group dynamic scenarios
- Select appropriate techniques to address communication problems and expectation management
- Use case studies to identify effective communication and management techniques for leading intergenerational teams
- Rikke Sarah Ogawa, Team Leader for Research, Instruction and Collection Services, UCLA Darling Biomedical Library
- Jeffrey Williams, Head, Collections and Access Services, University of California-San Diego Biomedical Library