While it might seem logical that mentoring comes intuitively to experienced professionals, the actual experience of participating in a productive, mutually-fulfilling mentoring relationship requires approaching it with intention and a toolkit of skills. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “How to Establish a Meaningful and Productive Mentoring Relationship,” on. Wednesday, February 6, at 1:30-3:00 pm Central Time. This webinar will provide proven strategies for making the most of a mentoring relationship based on research and experience, and will explore the skills and practices that are needed the most when serving as a mentor.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1) articulate the characteristics of a positive mentoring relationship
2) assess their mentoring relationships from the past to identify successful strategies for a productive relationship, as well as strategies that did not work
3) evaluate their own professional strengths in order to find opportunities for sharing
4) articulate what is needed from a mentee in order to be successful in a mentoring relationship
5) develop a strategy or plan for establishing a strong mentoring relationship with a current or future mentee
This webinar addresses several of LLAMA's Foundational Leadership Competencies including: Collaborations/partnerships, leadership, and issues for new professionals.
Who Should Attend
Experienced librarians interested in enhancing their current or future roles as mentors to those newer to the profession.
LLAMA member $49; Non-LLAMA member $59; LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199; Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239; Student: $29
How to Register
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail by contacting Tom Ferren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar uses GoToWebinar software, available free with a small download.
For more information, contact Fred Reuland, LLAMA Program Officer, at email@example.com.