LLAMA Project Team
Charge: To conduct an environmental scan of project management practices in libraries to identify the gaps and needs and to provide recommendations for creation of a LLAMA community/group dedicated to facilitation, education, and promotion of the project management discipline.
A final project report that will include:
- Current status and practices of project management in libraries
- Gap analysis of administrative support, org structure, resources, and development opportunities
- Recommendations for actions to take at the Association level
Options to be expored:
- A community of practice to discuss and share ideas in various structured settings both face to face and virtually
- A committee to conduct programming and training-webinar series, conference programs, institutes (a la ACRL Immersion), workshops
- Access to materials-websites, handouts, etc. on how to integrate innovation into both daily workflows and strategic planning
- A fellowship type program where libraries can hire Innovation Fellows
- Speaker series and other events both f2f and virtual
- Marketing materials/messages for this website, LLAMA social media, etc.
Expected time commitment:
- Develop a survey: 24 hours
- Set up the survey: 8 hours
- Analyze survey results: 40 hours
- Write the report: 20 hours
- Total time commitment per person: 92 hours
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Experience managing library projects full time for minimum of 2-3 years
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Any degrees or certifications in project management
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, project support, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Access to funding upon request and review
- Virtual meeting/conference call support