Provides the strategic level view of LLAMA educational content in all formats and manifestations. It develops annual content strategies, maps content, looks for overlap and gaps, and actively works with content developers to produce and distribute high quality leadership and management education.
- Establish overall annual content goals, monitor progress, and assess results.
- Produce an annual gap analysis of all LLAMA content showing how it addresses the 14 leadership competencies and/or other educational goals and needs.
- Assist LLAMA incoming president in populating content subteams.
- Produce general content guidelines and goals for content subteams, to be delivered in advance of subteam meetings.
- Assist content subteams in recruiting content providers (when needed) to fill identified gaps.
- Select a Facilitator who will work with the ALA Staff in setting up virtual meetings, workspace on ALA Connect (or a similar product), etc.
- Develop content evaluation methods and tools that can apply to all content streams for assessment of content and to be used for future planning.
- Produce and submit to the Board annually a summary report that incorporates information from content evaluations, revenue reports, and strategic analysis that shows content areas and delivery methods that need development or change
Team members will engage in the following:
- Work with the LLAMA Board in developing content in response to a sudden or urgent organizational concern.
- Engage with contracted content developers to review and test content delivery and provide feedback to improve the continuing education product. (leadership courses)
- Identify opportunities for cross-platform/multi-format delivery.
- Advise on developing new and evolving content streams and delivery for maximum value to members.
- Suggest marketing and promotional strategies to improve visibility of and engagement in content opportunities, and identify potential new markets.
EXPECTED TIME COMMITMENT
- The Team will meet virtually on a regular basis (approximately monthly) with some assigned work between meetings.
- Non-mandatory meetings will be held at Annual and Midwinter to engage in strategic dialogue.
- All members are not necessarily expected to engage on every single activity as individuals may have different skills they bring to the role and some members such as the Director-at-Large and LL&M Editor will have additional LLAMA responsibilities.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Proven success producing educational content for LLAMA or other nonprofit organizations.
- General knowledge of content marketing.
- The Team will consist of up to 10-17 full members and one Ex Officio.
- One Director-at-Large will serve on the team as a full member.
- Membership terms will be for two years and eligible for reappointment by the President-Elect. (Excepting the LL&M Editor/Associate Editor, who have longer terms)
- One and two-year startup terms will be decided on by the initial membership (through consensus or by drawing lots if necessary).
- Vacant positions will be filled through open calls from volunteers but should seek some level of experience with educational content and is encouraged to come from the sub-team members who have already been engaged on content issues.
- The current LLAMA Past-President will serve on the team as an Ex Officio member.
Displaying active committee roster as of 01/17/2018. Last retrieved on 01/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.