If you have ever thought about how to create a leadership development training for your region or institution, this webinar may be what you need. This webinar will present the process used to create the Virginia Library Leadership Academy, a biennial leadership development training program for library staff in Virginia sponsored by the Virginia Library Association. Participants will have a checklist of points to review should they wish to develop a training program in their region.
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- know what points to consider if they wish to create their own leadership development training program
- have tools for determining how viable a program like this could be in their region
- what to consider regarding training format: face-to-face, webinar, combination
- how to determine the location for an on-site training
- how to select or hire training facilitators and consultants
- know what is involved in preparing the budget along with some suggestions for getting financial support
Who Should Attend
Library staff interested in starting a leadership development training program; members of state library associations
Elizabeth Hensley is the founding chair of the Leadership Development Forum (LDF) of the Virginia Library Association.
Nan Carmack is the Director of the Campbell County Virginia Public Library System. She is chair of the Leadership Development Forum and is a graduate of the Virginia Library Leadership Academy (VALLA).
M. Teresa Doherty is the Head, Information Services at Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries. She is the coordinator for the Spring 2014 Virginia Library Leadership Academy and is a 2010 VALLA graduate.