Community of Practice: Technology
Charge: To provide a collaborative venue between RUSA/STARS and LLAMA Technology Community of Practice that draws together the management of technology for remote circulation and cooperative access with access services practitioners and product vendors to improve and enhance resource sharing methods, services, and products through the sponsorship of programs, discussions, publication, and projects.
- We will annually investigate, evaluate, and provide recommendations on technology for remote circulation and cooperative access
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Understanding or interest in library technolgy/remote circulation
- Research skills
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect