Community of Practice: Library Organization and Management
Charge: To explore the practical and applied management challenges that are relevant to special, school, public, or academic libraries. To develop and share evidence-based practices that improve management planning and daily supervisory skills.
Displaying active committee roster as of 11/18/2017. Last retrieved on 11/18/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Facilitate discussion group at Midwinter
- Propose yearly webinar or presentation at Annual
- Host monthly phone conversation of supervisory challenges with broader membership or interested members
Expected Time Commitment:
- Hour-long monthly meetings
- Additional 10-20 hours during the year to plan annual program/webinar, discussion group topic, and monthly supervisory chat
- Members can have two unexcused absences from meetings and remain in good standing on the committee
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Organizational skills
- Research skills
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Connection with New Professionals, Leadership Theory Committee (formerly Organizational Theory and Practice) and Assessment Community of Practice
- Cmt senior chair, junior chair, secretary, program director