Community of Practice: Library Organization and Management
Charge: To provide a forum to examine and encourage the study of library administration, especially on the middle management level, and to encourage the improvement of such management in libraries.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/20/2018. Last retrieved on 07/20/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Two Discussion Groups a year, one at Midwinter and one at Annual
Expected Time Commitment:
- Four hours a year - two to work with staff on conference scheduling and two to lead the group meetings
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Interest or experience with library middle management
- Small group facilitation skills
Staff contact and role:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Communication support, discussion group scheduling, etc.
- Support from community leaders
- Virtual meeting support
- ALA Connect