Community of Practice: Management & Leadership
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/23/2018. Last retrieved on 10/23/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- One Discussion Group a year at Annual
- Propose yearly webinar or presentation at Annual
- This can be supported by collaboration with the other committees including but not limited to: Practical and Applied Management and Middle Managers
- Curate online resource on leadership theory
- Hit across the different areas of libraries and make sure we aren’t missing any of the areas
- Topic Ideas:
- Distinctions/overlap between management and leadership
- How to avoid burnout?
- Issues with “prima donnas”
- Going beyond buzzwords in leadership
- Leading from the middle of an organization
- Emotional/Social Intelligence in Leadership
- Coaching/Mentoring in all directions (peers, up, down)
- Resonant leadership
Expected Time Commitment:
- Meet quarterly on focused topics of new trends in leadership, management, and theory
- This is where the development of the topics (prompts) for the discussion groups will begin
- Minimum of 3 hours a month to read, research, and respond to any emails that are sent out as well as reading any information that will help develop ideas
- Members who are unresponsive to emails, conversations, and meetings for 2 Quarters (6 months) will be removed automatically from the committee
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Some management and/or leadership recommended
- Strong interest in leadership (no ‘experience’ required)
Staff contact and role:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Communication support, discussion group scheduling, etc.
- Support from community leaders
- Virtual meeting support
- ALA Connect