Community of Practice: New Professionals
Team Charge: To maintain maintain the New Professionals Community website and ensure that all content remains up to date. This task will involve two steps: (1) an initial thorough review of current content for both functionality (checking for broken links) and currency (that content is still appropriate), and (2) communicating with the New Professionals Community of Practice leadership and the other team leaders to make sure that content is being added to the website when needed.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/25/2018. Last retrieved on 09/25/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
By September 1, 2017
- Complete any required training and obtain LLAMA website credentials
By October 1, 2017
- Complete a thorough initial review of current content, including either updating/fixing content or, for more complicated issues, consulting with the chair of the New Professionals Community of Practice
By October 31, 2017
- Consult with Buddy Program Team to create a basic info page
- Make routine edits to website
- Check website content for continuing validity. (Do links still work? Are dates referred to as future actually still future?)
By May 31, 2018
- Submit final report of what the team has accomplished and recommendations for the next iteration of the team
By the close of this project, the team will have:
- As needed, updated the website at the request of Community leadership, other teams, or LLAMA leadership.
- Ensured the functionality and currency of existing content.
- Made recommendations either for continuation of the program with any changes needed or for cessation of the program and redirection of effort.
Expected Time Commitment:
- Two hours a month
- Ongoing communication with the New Professionals chair and with the other teams as needed
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge or experience working with Drupal or other content management system
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Drupal resources
- Virtual meeting support