Community of Practice: New Professionals
Charge: To manage the New Professionals Community of Practice Facebook and Twitter accounts. This will involve posting new content regularly, moderating discussions, facilitating conversation, and advertising LLAMA/ALA events and activity. The team will also develop recommendations for the Community of Practice LinkedIn group.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/17/2018. Last retrieved on 02/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Regularly post to Twitter and Facebook accounts (multiple times per week, however the Team wants to divide that work). Posts should include pointers to leadership/management related content, relevant LLAMA/ALA programming, and conversation with other community of practice members and interested people.
During Midwinter and Annual 2018
- Post about New Professionals and LLAMA programs and meetings. Facilitate virtual discussion and involvement as possible.
By September 30, 2017
- Develop recommendations for LinkedIn group
By May 31, 2018
- Submit final report of what the team has accomplished and recommendations for the next iteration of the team
By the close of this project, the team will have:
- Regularly posted to the New Professionals Community of Practice Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Developed recommendations for the New Professionals Community of Practice LinkedIn group.
- Made recommendations either for continuation of New Professionals Community of Practice social media with any changes needed or for cessation of the program and redirection of effort.
Expected Time Commitment:
- Three hours a month
- Ongoing communication with the New Professionals chair
- Ongoing collaboration with other Community teams to promote their projects, such as Buddy Program enrollment and new podcast episodes
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge or experience working on podcasts
- Communication skills
- Some knowledge or experience with LLAMA and/or the New Professionals Community
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community email blasts/announcements