Our community helps LIS students and new professionals gain the leadership and management skills they need as they lead from where they are and move into influential roles. Further, we promote existing programs in LLAMA and ALA that fall in line with this mission; if it's already happening, we are happy to connect people with those opportunities. The community also collaborates with groups across ALA to foster an atmosphere of leadership throughout the Association and our collective circles of influence.
- Leadership and the LLAMA New Professionals Section: An Interview with Tyler Dzuba, inaugural chair
- NPS 101 Webinar: Introduction to both LLAMA and NPS; overview of NPS, its genesis and structure, and what the teams were working on at the time of recording
- Recent Teams
- Conference Planning
- Connections Team
LLAMA volunteer opportunties will open in late Fall 2017.
- ALA JobList
- Awards, Grants & Scholarships
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Publishing Opportunities
- NPS Facebook Group
- Tweet us @LLAMA_NPS!
- LLAMA LEADS: Blog featuring LLAMA news and information
- ALA Connect (Login required)
Conferences and Events
- ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver, February 9-12; see the LLAMA 2018 Midwinter Meeting Schedule
- ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans, June 22-25; information available in February 2018
- Podcast: "Break Room Chats" covers issues of leadership and management for new LIS professionals
- What issues would you like to hear more about? Take the survey here.
- NPS Toolkit: a curated collection of leadership and management resources.
- What resources would you like to see added? Submit content here.
- Buddy Program (coming soon!)
- LL&M - the Journal of LLAMA