Community of Practice: Marketing and Communications
Charge: To conduct an environmental scan of professional development and learning opportunities in library marketing and communications; gather and analyze data about audience needs; and identify the gaps where LLAMA can contribute distinct value. Utilizing LLAMA’s mission and new foundational competencies as a roadmap, the project team will develop recommendations for content development, with a focus on the leadership and management components of marketing and communications work.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/16/2019. Last retrieved on 07/16/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- A final report with recommendations for both general and specific product/program development will be delivered to Community leadership and the LLAMA Content Coordinating Team. A by-product could be that the project team creates an online clearinghouse of professional development and networking resources and opportunities in library marketing and communications for LLAMA members.
Expected time commitment:
- Approx. 36 hours over one year for virtual collaboration and project work. Preference for in-person meetings at ALA conferences.
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Knowledge or experience with continuing education providers in library marketing and communications, including other units of ALA and other nonprofit or for-profit providers. Active involvement in online and other networks of library marketing and communications professionals
- Training program development experience
Staff contact and roles
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Spring meeting planning, award marketing
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Award program planning and scheduling, press releases, etc.
- Online collaboration tools
- Conference call service
- Survey Monkey subscription tool
- Results from a recent “Education & Training Needs” survey