Community of Practice: Human Resources
Charge: To collect and generate information on and foster communication of best practices, emerging trends, professional competencies, and techniques regarding human resources management relevant to all types of libraries.
- Propose a yearly webinar or presentation at Annual
- Periodic development of publications, media materials, or workshops
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience or interest in library recruitment, supervision, employee relations, communications, resource planning, diversity and legal compliance
- The committee membership will be representative of all types of libraries.
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect