Community of Practice: Human Resources
Charge: To collect and generate information on and foster communication of best practices, emerging trends, professional competencies, and techniques regarding human resources management relevant to all types of libraries.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/20/2018. Last retrieved on 07/20/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Propose a yearly webinar or presentation at Annual
- Periodic development of publications, media materials, or workshops
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience or interest in library recruitment, supervision, employee relations, communications, resource planning, diversity and legal compliance
- The committee membership will be representative of all types of libraries.
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect