Community of Practice: Buildings and Equipment
Charge: To explore the evolving nature of the role of the library on college and university campuses and the resultant physical facility implications.
Displaying active committee roster as of 11/19/2017. Last retrieved on 11/19/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Annual Conference Programming (yearly), including pre-conference tours and/or relevant
- Midwinter Meeting Activities (occasional), including tours and/or relevant programs
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in virtual meetings, ALA conferences, and program support
- An additional 10 hours for program co-chairs for conference calls, contacting potential speakers, preparing program application forms, and organizing program logistics
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience or interest in design trends; construction and renovation; library site selection; resource sharing and partnerships; building programming, planning and architecture; interior space utilization and design; efficiency and sustainability
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect