Community of Practice: Buildings and Equipment
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/21/2018. Last retrieved on 02/21/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Preconference building tours at the Annual conference
- Quality programming at the Annual conference
- Dissemination of building design/construction/furnishings-related information, best practices, trends
Expected Time Commitment:
- Approximately 4 hours for conference calls/emails throughout the year
- Committee meeting attendance and engagement at Annual Conference
- Program attendance at Annual conference
- Committee meeting attendance and engagement at Midwinter Meeting
- Occasional special projects: the chairs of programs and/or tours should expect additional time commitment for coordination of speakers, tour planning logistics (supported by LLAMA staff), etc.
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Some experience in planning building projects, or running buildings, is helpful
- Prefer the committee to contain a mix of design professionals and library professionals, diversity, and geographic coverage spanning the country
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Budget for Annual Conference programs
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect