Community of Practice: Buildings and Equipment/Interdivisional
Charge: To continuously update the "Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning" resource guide for planning library buildings and learning spaces.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/25/2018. Last retrieved on 02/25/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Review existing resources, such as those available from ACRL, ARL, LLAMA, EDUCAUSE, and other organizations as appropriate, for possible inclusion in the guide
- Research additional tools for planning library and learning spaces
- Recommend possible new outlets for promoting the guide
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
- Eight hours per year working on the guide/related projects
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience or interest in library building projects
- Research skills
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- ACRL staff
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect