Community of Practice: Assessment
Charge: To cultivate and expand knowledge of assessment competencies and methods.
Displaying active committee roster as of 11/20/2017. Last retrieved on 11/20/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Programming on the topics of assessment methods and competencies (e.g., conference program at the Annual Conference, preconference workshop, webinars, publishing in LL&M or in other LLAMA communication vehicles). Programming will be for experienced assessment library personnel as well as those new to assessment.
- Networking with groups of colleagues in other divisions who share interest in the development of assessment skills such as PLA, ACRL, etc.
Expected time commitment:
- Approx. 1-2 hours per month for conference calls, program development, and program/social attendance if individually desired at the Midwinter Meeting or the Annual Conference.
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Engagement with exploring assessment methods
- Any amount of program development experience from novice to expert
- Interest in engaging with colleagues/networking
Staff contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Ongoing consultation with the leader of the Assessment Community of Practice leader: Consuella Askew, 2017-2018 membership cycle, and others active within LLAMA’s Assessment Community
- Leadership and coordination of LLAMA’s engagement in assessment topics
- Access to funding upon request and review
- Virtual meeting support