Note: this committee will become a project team in Fall 2017.
The Membership Committee will:
- Promote membership in LLAMA by developing and planning campaigns, programs, and events to attract new members, retain current members, and encourage active participation of all members.
- Foster member recognition by coordinating the monthly Member Spotlight for the LLAMA website.
- Develop and plan membership-related events for the ALA Annual Conference and ALA Midwinter meeting including social events and orientations for committee and section members.
- Work with LLAMA staff in developing print and electronic membership and promotional materials to market LLAMA to existing and potential ALA members at national, regional, state, and local conferences and events.
- Conduct a comprehensive membership survey to evaluate member perceptions of LLAMA the year prior to development of an updated divisional strategic plan and to conduct focused or targeted topical membership surveys annually based on need.
- Prepare membership reports and make recommendations based on membership survey data to the LLAMA Board of Directors and Section Executive Committees based on need.
- Foster collaboration between ALA, LLAMA, and the seven LLAMA sections on membership-related initiatives and events.
- Advise the LLAMA Board of Directors on membership matters and initiatives including making recommendations on LLAMA Divisional membership dues and on enhancements of member benefits.
Caryl C. Soriano (Member, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2018)
Kerry Ward (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2022)
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/24/2018. Last retrieved on 02/24/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.