The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA), a division of the American Library Association, can help you acquire the skills and knowledge that will enable you to become a leader in your profession. In tune with ever-changing technological, political, economic, and cultural conditions, LLAMA equips library professionals with a variety of dynamic tools for building strong libraries and successful careers. Our resources are tailored to professionals of diverse cultural backgrounds and all levels of library staff in all types of libraries.
LLAMA is much more than a division for library managers. The scope of its activities cuts across type-of-library interests to offer meaningful participation to library staff at all levels, as well as to architects, development officers, public relations specialists and others who work with library administrators to accomplish the goals of the organization.
How to Join LLAMA
The easiest way to join is to call ALA Customer Service at 800-545-2433, ext. 0, and let them know you want to add LLAMA and any/all sections to your ALA membership. Or, you join online at http://www.ala.org/membership/joinala. You may also contact the LLAMA staff at 1-800-545-2433 ext.5036 or email email@example.com.
Membership fees are:
- Personal members ($50)
- Corporate/Organizational members ($65)
- Student Members ($15)
- NEW BENEFIT FOR LLAMA MEMBERS ONLY! Now you can access the full backlog of LLAMA's webinar recordings online. (For webinars more than three months old)
- Free membership in any/all Sections (LLAMA's special interest groups)
- Reduced registration fees to LLAMA-sponsored continuing education, including webinars
- Reduced registration fees to LLAMA preconferences
- Discounted prices for all LLAMA and ALA publications
- Opportunity to serve on committees and in the division leadership