This webinar will present methods and concepts for managing a team where members are not located next to or near each other, whether separated by different floors in the same building, different buildings in a close area, or separated by long distances such as different states or countries.
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- Know key factors for leading a successful dispersed team.
- Understand principles for managers of dispersed teams.
- Learn considerations for chairpersons of location diverse committees.
- Have a description and brief explanation of traditional methods for dispersed team management.
- Explore newer tools, such as online meeting options, document sharing possibilities, scheduling tools, and more that can aid in the management of a dispersed team.
- Identify helpful electronic tools including Instant Messaging, Skype and/or Facetime, and Dropbox, Google docs and/or other cloud based applications.
Kelly Sattler, Head of Web Services, Michigan State University, Lansing