Is your library considering reinventing itself and searching for an effective process of self-discovery? Then “Appreciative Inquiry” may be just what you need to boost your strategic planning to a new level. This philosophy of organizational change, based on positive psychology and constructionism, will create a do-it-yourself process that transforms stakeholders from staff to community leaders into strategic thinkers imagining new possibilities for their libraries. Learn how to build tomorrow's successes on the foundations of today’s and yesterday's achievements.
Participants will learn:
- The three fundamental questions of strategic planning: Who are we? What do we do? Why is it important?;
- How to conceptualize the strategic planning process as writing the next chapter of your library's history;
- The five core principles of Appreciative Inquiry and how these principles inform the inclusive and participatory nature of Appreciative Strategic Planning;
- How to write positive questions and conduct appreciative interviews to uncover and employ organizational strengths in designing the future;
- How to organize and conduct the four stages of Appreciative Strategic planning: Discovery, Dream, Design and Delivery.
Lewis Belfont, Head of Customer Service and Professional Development, Howard County Library System, Columbia, Maryland
How to Register
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
Can't attend the live event? No problem! If you register, you will automatically receive a link to the recorded version for later viewing.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
Check to see if your system supports GoToMeeting: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToWebinar/help_files/GTW010004?title=System+Requirements
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. firstname.lastname@example.org