Program Date & Time
- Time: Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Location: Moscone Convention Center 3014-3016 (W) W183a
- More info on ALA Conference Scheduler
- Twitter hashtag - #ALATTT
- Sarah Houghton (Moderator) - @TheLiB
- Carson Block - @CarsonBlock
- Andrea Davis - @detailmatters
- Grace Dunbar
- Bonnie Tijerina - @bonlth
- Sarah Houghton (Moderator) Sarah Houghton is the Director of the San Rafael Public Library. She is also a long-standing technology policy, intellectual freedom, and privacy activist in the profession. Twitter: @TheLiB.
- Carson Block Carson Block has been a library technologist for 20 years – as a library worker, IT Director and now a Library Technology Consultant. His passions include leading technology visioning, planning and other activities designed to help build the library’s capacity to serve communities. Twitter: @CarsonBlock.
- Andrea Davis Andrea Davis enjoys integrating emerging tech and play in libraries around the globe. From exploring mapping the stacks with unmanned systems to creative uses for RFID and scavenger hunts for information literacy, fostering curiosity is what keeps her inspired. Outside of work, you might stumble upon her library social interactions in public spaces, on boats and planes. To keep cross-pollinating ideas fresh, she is intimately involved in library advocacy at major events like BIL, SXSW Interactive, Burning Man, and scouting wherever the next space will be. Twitter: @detailmatters.
- Grace Dunbar Grace Dunbar is currently the Vice President of Equinox Software, Inc., a library partner devoted solely to open source library solutions. She has been an academic librarian, a military librarian, and now spends most of her time working with large public library consortia and software developers. She loves to explore ways in which open source and open data can enhance what libraries can deliver to their patrons and has a deep passion for improving user design. Most days you can find Grace in the #evergreen channel in IRC with the nick graced.
- Bonnie Tijerina Bonnie Tijerina is a librarian, entrepreneur and library community convener. She is currently a Data & Society Fellow at the Data & Society Institute in New York City. She is founder of ER&L (Electronic Resources & Libraries) conference and organization, created to facilitate communication and foster collaboration among information management and e-resources professionals in libraries. Bonnie has worked in academic libraries for over ten years, most recently at Harvard University. She relishes the role of library convener and in 2013 initiated an effort to connect the library community with tech, academia, and business with the #ideadrop Library House, an effort she led during SXSW Interactive. Bonnie is working to engage the library community in a broad conversation on the future of libraries and the important role library professionals can play in a modern, digital world. Twitter: @bonlth.