The Western region includes: Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Alaska
Santa Barbara, CA
As the technology lead, this position will provide vision, leadership, and support to current and emerging technologies for the library. Primary responsibility is the development and maintenance of library technology infrastructure, including managing and coordinating the library's online presence, library website and web services, and online resources; daily maintenance and administration of the integrated library system; collaborating with campus technology to maintain technology infrastructure; lead in the development and maintenance of online assessment tools and instructional technology.
- Master’s degree in library science, or library and information science
- Combination of education and other accomplishments that is equivalent to the above
- Possession of a lifetime California Community College Librarian Credential.
- Professional experience in an academic library.
- Significant experience in administration, support and enhancement of a variety of library technology infrastructure tools and techniques, including an integrated library system, link resolvers, proxy server, and service configurations
- Significant experience using web development tools (for instance, Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / CSS); ability to design and manage websites, conduct usability studies, adhere to web accessibility standards, and create web pages whichuse responsive design principles
- Significant experience creating and maintaining blogs, videos, screencasts, and audio podcasts, and other web technologies
- Experience in adopting, implementing, integrating, and evaluating emerging technologies and services
- Experience in selecting and integrating electronic resources
- Experience teaching library research skills and information competency, including using instructional technology and online learning objects
- Knowledge of digital repository projects and metadata development and maintenance for local digital collections
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of devices, platforms, and applications
- Experience in working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, and disability backgrounds, with a wide variance of information-seeking skills and technological competence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and collaborate with various departmental service units
Working environment/Description of institution:
Santa Barbara City College is a community college. We are seeking applicants who can participate in a team environment dedicated to excellent customer service and student success. Our emphasis on creativity, collaboration, and technology innovation makes this a dynamic workplace. Salary and benefits: Current salary schedule range for a entering tenure-track faculty member is $55,435-$86,908, plus an earned doctoral bonus of $2,772.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Coordinator for Digital Collection Services, Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO
For more info: http://lib.colostate.edu/about/employment/faculty
Librarian, Santa Barbara City College Luria Library
Santa Barbara, CA
faculty position that under the direction of the Director of CSN Library Services and in coordination with the faculty librarians, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing, leading, planning, and assessing the library services for distance education students and faculty. This is a new position which will create a comprehensive distance education program for CSN library services, pulling together existing and new resources to support over 14,000 CSN online students to ensure that distance education students are aware of and utilize library services and resources that support student learning and success.
Required: MLS/MLIS Degree and experience with virtual reference tools and online course management/learning management systems.
CSN offer competitive salaries and benefits. For more information and to apply visit www.csn.edu/jobs. EEO/AA/ADAAA