The Western region includes: Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Alaska
Automated Services Manager
- Master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited university/college.
- Five years of recent experience as a professional librarian of which two years must have been at the supervisory level.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the use of an automated library systems. Experience as a system manager or coordinator strongly preferred. Experience in use of the Sirsi/Dynix integrated library system preferred.
- Knowledge of Servers, PCs, printers, scanners, RFID scanners, self-checkout equipment and automated materials handling systems at a level that a bridge between the information technology professional staff and the other library staff can be maintained.
- Knowledge of social media applications, online tools, and electronic devices used by the public and staff is required. As of 2015 some of the electronic devices being used include e-book readers, smart phones, and tablets
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems and to make minor equipment repairs.
- Familiarity with public library practices and principles and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the provision of library service.
- Demonstrated ability to provide one-on-one training as well as large group presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely prepare formal oral and written reports.
- Ability to maintain effective harmonious relationships with coworkers, management, officials, and the general public, including the ability to deal effectively and courteously with complaints.
- Management experience in a collective bargaining context is preferred.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license. Ability to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the FNSB’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of automobile insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.)
- This position requires a criminal background check.
Division Librarian, City of Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Principal Librarian, City of Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
eResources & Discovery Librarian, Sonoma County Library
Santa Rosa, CA
Director of Knowledge Management, Nossaman LLP
Los Angeles, CA
For more information visit: http://www.nossaman.com/careers
This position is situated in the Arizona Health Sciences Library – Phoenix (AHSL), a joint-use facility of Northern Arizona University (NAU) and the University of Arizona (UA) that serves the students and faculty of graduate programs offered by the NAU College of Health and Human Services at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus and the UA College of Medicine-Phoenix. NAU Cline Library seeks a self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and resourceful Health Sciences Librarian.
Reporting to the Head of Teaching, Learning, and Research Services at NAU Cline Library, the librarian will develop and grow the NAU Cline Library's resources and services at the AHSL-Phoenix while functioning as part of an inter-institutional team.
Required qualifications: ALA-accredited Master of Library Science/Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent graduate degree in a relevant field.
Knowledge or background (coursework, degree or experience) in the health sciences or health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate learning outcomes, collaborate with faculty to continuously improve assignments, and embed library content and support into curricula, courses, and assignments.
- Demonstrated experience working in and across groups, organizations, or institutions with the goal of shared success.
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a matrix environment in which staff may report, directly or indirectly, to multiple managers
- Experience working with faculty, students, and colleagues in a multicultural learning and working environment.
- Familiarity with applications that support or enhance online learning environments such as Blackboard Learn, LibGuides, and Camtasia.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance various responsibilities and focus on high impact work.
- Experience leading, managing, assessing and delivering complex work or team-based projects.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a collegial academic environment with library colleagues, students, faculty and staff.
- Experience evaluating and enhancing services and operations.
- AHIP (Academy of Health Information Professionals) membership or provisional credential.
The Health Sciences Librarian will coordinate and deliver library services to the NAU programs located at the Health Sciences Education Building (HSEB) in Phoenix. The collaborative facility accommodates degree programs offered by the NAU College of Health and Human Services and the UA College of Medicine-Phoenix, as well as other educational, research, and clinical activities.
Salary and benefits: $54,000 - $57,000 annually, depending on experience.
Open until further notice application instructions: For a complete job description and to apply for this position, go to http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Apply to: http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/
The City of Santa Monica is looking for a dynamic, motivated individual, one who is committed to innovation and creativity, life-long learning, team-building, inclusiveness and excellent customer service. The Principal Librarian - Information Management Division will lead technology and technical services in one of the Library’s three major divisions. SMPL is a five-facility library system that serves an average of 1.3 million people each year from our diverse and engaged community.
The successful candidate will lead the library into the latest community focused technical advances. S/he will need to be approachable, accessible and have strong interpersonal skills; be an innovative and strategic thinker; provide leadership in advancing the services, programs and technology directions of the library; and be an enthusiastic champion and motivator of a bright and dynamic 201-member team to achieve the department’s mission, goals and plans. In addition to leading the Information Management Division, s/he will serve on the Library’s Senior Management Team, the City’s Leadership Team and will contribute expertise and perspective to organization-wide initiatives. The Principal IMD needs to be a visionary regarding library trends and technology and supports the Library Director in representing and advocating for the library in the community.
Required qualifications: Requires: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Library Science. Five years of recent, paid progressively responsible work experience as a professional librarian. At least two of the recent, paid years of work experience must have included supervisory and management responsibilities.
Desired qualifications: Experience in a library technology work group is highly desirable. Completion of a leadership training program similar in content to the American Library Association (ALA) Leadership Institute or California’s Eureka Leadership Program is highly desirable.
Description of institution: The City of Santa Monica is a beautiful, sustainable community situated on the western side of Los Angeles County bordered by the City of Los Angeles on three sides and the Pacific Ocean on the west. Santa Monica encompasses an area slightly greater than eight square miles operates most of its own municipal services directly, including police, fire, street maintenance, custodial, building maintenance, graffiti removal, refuse collection, recycling, water resources, sewer utilities, transit services, and a cable television station. The City also operates public libraries, the Civic Auditorium, a municipal airport, a cemetery, and an animal shelter.
Salary and benefits: $9,358 - $11,553/mo. Deadline for applying: 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 24, 2015.
Application instructions: Apply online at www.smgov.net/hr or City of Santa Monica Human Resources Dept., 1685 Main St., P.O. Box 2200, Santa Monica, CA 90407. Phone: (310) 458-8697.
Apply to: Human Resources Dept. (310) 458-8246
URL for further information: http://www.smgov.net/hr