The Western region includes: Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Alaska
California State University, San Bernardino, University Archivist
San Bernardino, CA
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks an innovative and customer service focused leader to fill our Web Services Manager position. The Auraria Library serves three higher education institutions on the Auraria Campus- the University of Colorado Denver, Community College of Denver, and the Metropolitan State University of Denver. The Web Services Manager provides systems-level leadership and expertise for web-based applications and tools that enable access to services, collections, research support, and instruction for students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus community. Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=16591
Chabot College, Systems Librarian
TutorMe, Library Tutor
Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking for a part-time virtual library reference job? Become a tutor with TutorMe! Online tutoring is one of the best part-time jobs for librarians who want to earn extra money, have a flexible schedule, and work from home. We’re open 24/7, which makes our flexible, part-time hours a great fit for librarians. You set a tutoring schedule that works best for you, and enjoy tutoring online without traveling, searching for clients or tracking payments. Compensation: $16/hour plus bonuses (paid weekly) Please submit your application at https://tutorme.com/apply. Qualifications - ALA-accredited Master’s degree - Ability to provide excellent reference services to online university students in a fast-paced environment - Positive attitude
Altadena Library District, District Director
The Altadena Library District (ALD) is an independent special district that serves the residents of the unincorporated community of Altadena in Los Angeles County. The District Director will be a progressive, responsive and service oriented library professional who provides exceptional leadership and expertise in the management and oversight of library operations. This at-will position is appointed by and works closely with the Board of Library Trustees. This position requires five or more years of supervisory or administrative experience including program planning, development and administration within a public library setting. An MLS degree from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association along with demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of public administration, including county government, and of the laws applicable to library service in the State of California are also required. To be considered, please visit the Avery Associates Career Portal at www.averyassoc.net/current-searches/ to upload your letter of interest, resume and contact information including email addresses for five work-related references to Paul Kimura by July 8, 2019.
The University Library Director of User Experience and Innovation works respectfully and cooperatively with the employees of King Library.
- The Director provides leadership, planning, administration, and supervision for all aspects of the User Experience (UX) and Innovations units' work including the Unified Service Point (USP), late night tutoring services, user experience services, web services, student technology training center, media services, information technology help desk, library network and servers, student computing services, emerging technologies and the library's catalog discovery system.
- The Director implements services, spaces and technology in support of library transformations, providing a vision for library innovations, defining priorities, and making strategic recommendations related to services and technologies.
- The Director oversees and prioritizes the library's budget for multiple service points, user experience enhancement and technology.
- The Director fosters teamwork and promotes effective communication within and across units throughout the library and to appropriate campus personnel.
This position reports to the Associate Dean of Innovations and Resource Management and works closely with San Jose Public Library's leadership and staff to design and implement innovative joint ventures at King Library. The Director serves on Library management and leadership groups that set priorities and goals for services.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 25005. Equal Employment Statement: SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Colorado State University Libraries, Coordinator for Onsite Services
Fort Collins, CO
The Colorado State University Libraries seeks a user-driven, self-motivated, and collaborative librarian for the position of Coordinator of Onsite Services. The Coordinator is a key member of the Resource Delivery Services unit and is responsible for providing leadership for several critical public service areas. This position oversees and supports a diverse range of research, reference and technology support services and coordinates operations across multiple service points including the Loan & Reserve Desk, the Help Desk, the library computer lab and an off-site storage facility. The Coordinator must have strong organizational, customer service and communication skills.
A full job announcement may be found at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/66354. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 11:59pm, May 12, 2019. Colorado State University (CSU) is a public land grant institution with approximately 31,000 students, located in Fort Collins, Colorado. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
This position will be posted until May 6th. Relocation assistance is available for this position. What You Will Do: The Director of NCAR Library Sciences provides vision, strategic direction, and operational leadership for the NCAR Library. The Director conceptualizes, leads, and implements a world-class information service, research, and development unit that provides state-of-the-art scientific and educational information services in support of the broader UCAR, NCAR, and UCP Strategic Plans. The incumbent works nationally and internationally with colleagues in information and library science to foster the dissemination of UCAR research and educational efforts.
Miles Community College, Library Director
Miles City, MT
The Colorado State University Libraries seeks a highly collaborative, self-motivated and forward-thinking librarian for the position of Coordinator of College Liaisons for the Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts, and Business Librarian Liaisons (SSHAB) Cluster. The individual in this position will work in close collaboration with the Coordinator of College Liaisons for Sciences and the Coordinator for Collections. The successful candidate will have strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, and will lead a team of library experts in reference, instruction and collection development. A full job announcement may be found at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/65109. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 11:59pm, March 28, 2019. Colorado State University (CSU) is a public land grant institution with approximately 31,000 students, located in Fort Collins, Colorado. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Chabot College, Systems Librarian
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library is searching for an innovative and user-focused Information and Emerging Technology Services, Department Head. This position serves as Auraria Library’s chief technology strategist. This position oversees the Library’s $350,000 technology budget and to ensure the highest level of engagement and effectiveness. The Department consists of 8 full-time staff and 10-12 student employees.
- Web services: The department provides web development, maintenance, and administrative support to the library website and other public/internal facing applications.
- Desktop and IT infrastructure support services: The department provides computing and infrastructure technology services to Library users and staff.
- Emerging and creative technology services: The department provides services such as 3D printing, video production, photography lab, large format printing, graphic design, and digitization. The department also supports multiple spaces including the Innovation Garage, Digital Media Studio and Discovery Wall.
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems, engineering, educational technology, library science or related field. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for web services, IT infrastructure, desktop support, creative and emerging technologies, or related field.
$90,000-$100,000 commensurate with skills and experience. Deadline: For full consideration, apply by February 10, 2019. Applications received after February 10, 2019 may or may not be considered. https://library.auraria.edu/about/jobs/IETS-department-head
The County of Monterey, County Librarian
Monterey County, CA
City of Chula Vista, Principal Librarian
Chula Vista, CA
Colorado State University Libraries, Science Liaison Librarian
Fort Collins, CO
Colorado State University Libraries seeks a highly-collaborative, self-motivated, and forward-thinking librarian to engage with faculty and students to support research, teaching and learning for academic departments in the sciences that will be determined based on candidate interest and organizational need. Responsibilities will include some departments within the College of Engineering.
The Science Liaison Librarian will also utilize emerging technologies to expand access to and awareness of library resources and services. This librarian will develop an expertise in research metrics, including citation analysis, altmetrics, and emerging tools for articulating research impact, and work with the College Liaisons to offer such services to the campus community. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to student success, an enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
Salary: $52,000-$60,000 plus benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Completed applications must be received by Monday January 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). For full consideration, applications must be received by the deadline; however, the candidate pool will be kept open until the position is filled. The full position announcement and application instructions are available at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/63286. Candidates are advised they must address each of the required qualifications and as many of the preferred qualifications as applicable in their written application. Colorado State University is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Orange Coast College, Librarian
Costa Mesa, CA
San Diego State University (SDSU) invites applications, nominations and expressions of interest in the position of Dean of Library and Information Access. We invite you to learn more and examine the detailed leadership profile at www.wittkieffer.com. Nominations and expressions of interest may be submitted via the candidate portal by clicking the link. Application materials should include a cover letter and curriculum vita and will be made public should the applicant become a finalist.
Diablo Valley College, Librarian
Pleasant Hill, CA
Diablo Valley College Librarian Job Number: F00506 Salary: $59,616- $89,724 per year Deadline: 01/07/2019 Complete job description and application available online at: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/5605
Description: Diablo Valley College Library seeks two creative, dynamic, collaborative, and service-oriented librarians for full-time, tenure track librarian positions. One position is an Emerging Technologies Librarian, who will focus on support and continuous improvement of all library technologies, and the other is a Public Services Librarian, who will focus on reference services and student support. Both positions support the delivery of library instruction, reference, collection development, faculty services, technology, and other resources to students at Diablo Valley College.
Minimum Qualification-Education/Experience: Master’s in library science, library and information science OR the equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications because of equivalent educational or professional background), please fill out the equivalency petition form found at http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/MastersDegreeEquiv.pdf
It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, parental status, citizenship or because an individual is perceived to have one or more of these characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
The Arthur Lakes Library of the Colorado School of Mines invites applications for the position of Systems Architecture and Web Services Librarian. We are seeking a creative, tech-savvy professional who is not just enthralled with the wild world of library platforms, systems, and applications, but also deeply passionate about how to optimize them to perform as a cohesive, unified systems architecture and a fully integrated information environment. See http://jobs.mines.edu/cw/en-us/job/493321/systems-architecture-and-web-services-librarian
The Digital Archivist works with the CSU Channel Islands campus to establish an effective and sustainable digital preservation program (including managing CI's Institutional Repository); actively participates in the processing and description activities taking place in Unique Collections for digital materials; and develops best practices and training in metadata for digital scholarship. Creates policies, procedures, and work flows to establish, implement, and coordinate a digital preservation program for Unique Collections. The Digital Archivist will, in turn, advise and assist the campus at large with the long-term preservation of its digital content and resources. The Digital Archivist will assist in the Broome Library's development of general collections, policies, services, and management of daily operations related to the acquisition, processing, digitization, organization, and access of unique collections. Engages in professional and scholarly activities that enhance the university, the library, the community, or the library profession; serves as liaison to other university faculty; provides reference and instruction services. For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.csucifacultyjobs.com. Application review begins on 01/07/19.
Sonoma County Library, Librarian I or II, Adult Services
Rohnert Park, CA
Colorado College, Metadata & Discovery Systems Librarian
Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado College, Digital Scholarship & Repository Librarian
Colorado Springs, CO
Douglas County Libraries, Technology Analyst I
Castle Rock, CO
Colorado State University Libraries, STEM Liaison Librarian
Fort Collins, CO
Colorado State University Libraries seeks a highly-collaborative, self-motivated, and forward-thinking librarian to engage with faculty and students to support research, teaching and learning for academic departments in the STEM disciplines that will be determined based on candidate interest and organizational need and will include some departments within the College of Engineering. The STEM Liaison Librarian will also utilize emerging technologies to expand access to and awareness of library resources and services. This librarian will develop an expertise in research metrics, including citation analysis, bibliometics, altmetrics, and emerging tools for articulating research impact, and work with the College Liaisons to offer such services to the campus community. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to student success, an enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and excellent oral, written, and presentation skills. Salary: $52,000-$60,000 plus benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. For full consideration, completed applications must be received by the deadline, Sunday September 9, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). The full position announcement and application instructions are available at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/59166. Colorado State University is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Established in 1947, the Santa Clara County Central Fire Protection District (dba: Santa Clara County Fire Department) is a dependent special district that provides fire services to a portion of Santa Clara County, California including the communities of Campbell, Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, and Saratoga. The Department is seeking an Information Technology Officer with strong administrative experience and a balance of technical skills and personal attributes to manage and direct IT staff and work with the new Executive Team. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong leadership capabilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a customer service focus. He or she will be responsible for right sizing technology and should be a global thinker with the ability to resolve conflicts, analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend creative solutions in a clear and concise fashion. The Department is looking for a highly organized individual with strong time management skills, as well as a team player who is approachable, listens to others, and is willing to roll up his or her sleeves to help the Department accomplish its goals. Candidates will have a broad depth of knowledge and experience to be able to work through and effectively lead the IT division in handling the wide variety of technical challenges they will face and must have an understanding of the basic IT process and how data flows. Experience in creating efficiencies, in project management and implementation, as well as performance management and evaluation will be ideal. Experience with distributed network design, telecommunications (telephone, VoIP), computer hardware, public business application software, and customer service best practices, are also desirable. At a minimum, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field; five (5) years (within the last eight years) of management or supervisory experience in information technology systems, strategic planning, or project management; and a valid State of California Driver’s License. Applicants will be required to complete a brief supplemental questionnaire. The selected candidate must complete and pass a background check and a psychological examination. The salary range for this position is $12,821.96 – $15,585.17 monthly, DOQ. Apply online at www.bobmurrayassoc.com. Contact Valerie Phillips at (916) 784-9080, should you have questions. Filing Deadline: September 21, 2018
California State University, San Bernardino, Access Services Librarian
San Bernardino, CA
California State University, San Bernardino, Vital Technologies Librarian
San Bernardino, CA
University of San Francisco, User Experience/Web Design Librarian
San Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco, Systems Librarian
San Francisco, CA
Colorado State University Libraries has an opening for an Electronic Resources Management Librarian. This position is responsible for procurement and licensing of primarily electronic information products licensed directly by the Libraries or collectively by the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, the Greater Western Library Alliance and other consortia, in collaboration with the Coordinator for Collections. This position includes management of electronic library resources through their lifecycle. There is also a small print serial component in the current workflow and the incumbent will be responsible for ongoing activity focused on identifying and transitioning print to electronic. The Electronic Resources Management Librarian will also be the supervisor of the Serials Unit in Acquisitions and Metadata Services. As such, the successful candidate will complete the Supervision Development Program administered by CSU’s Training and Organizational Development Office.
This position is tenure track and will be filled at either the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates. The application deadline for full consideration is July 23, 2018, 11:59pm.
View the full posting, including application instructions online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/57217
City of Chula Vista, Principal Librarian
City of Chula Vista, CA
Pikes Peak Library District, ILS Administrator
Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado State University, Digital Repository Unit Head
Fort Collins, CO
Diablo Valley College, Librarian, Instruction and Outreach
Pleasant Hill, CA
University of Denver, Residency Librarian
Age of Learning, Inc., Digital Resources Librarian
Work with a product team of experienced educators and curriculum specialists to develop innovative digital learning experiences for children in grades K-8. The digital resources librarian will organize, manage, monitor, and make recommendations to enhance collections of videos and digital books product developed by Age of Learning. This person will also help develop programs and materials that promote and support overall learning and product usage.
- Daily monitoring of library product usage against key learning and business objectives
- Identify and prioritize development opportunities and enhancements for Age of Learning library experiences throughout our product offerings
- Establish and maintain advisory relationships with practicing librarians
- Utilize advisors, professional resources, and other useful sources of information to make recommendations for acquisitions of books and videos based on appropriateness for targeted age/grade levels, popularity, production quality, and content quality.
- Categorize and organize library content with an eye on highest possible product engagement and learning objectives
- Compile and generate metadata to describe library content (descriptions, key words, age/grade level, etc)
- Create promotional and marketing materials to describe AofL library experiences for both consumer and educational audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Studies program or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a library or as a school media specialist
- High degree of knowledge of fiction and nonfiction literature for primary, elementary and middle school students
- Experience in developing effective reading and media literacy programs for elementary and middle school students
- Exceptional writing, communication and collaborative skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Substantial experience with digital collections preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Information or Library Science and experience sufficient to meet the following proficiencies: software development methodologies and tools, source code control, application development, database design, programming languages and component integration; hardware and operating systems (system architectures, network infrastructures and client server models); HW/SW integration and testing; and off-the-shelf applications and open-source software
- Ability to obtain DOE Q clearance (usually requires U.S. citizenship) In addition to the qualifications outlined above, the Software Developer III level requires:
- At least five years of relevant work experience Working knowledge of digital repository software (such as Invenio, Samvera, Fedora) Experience with open source software implementation and electronic resource accessibility Familiarity with digital scholarship tools and trends
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC61546: https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/software-developer-23/A52ABE6DF555455CAA07980BAD8E1524/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Teach students to be critical consumers and producers of information
- Collaborate with faculty developing student research projects and teach classes on information literacy
- Coach faculty, staff and students on the use of library and technology resources
- Explore and promote opportunities to integrate new technology into the curriculum
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of technology, information literacy, and research initiatives
- Teach students to be safe, ethical, and responsible digital citizens
- Conduct library orientation and workshops for faculty and students
- Provide instructional technology training for students, faculty and staff Collection Development and Reading Advocacy
- Manage resources to support curriculum and student learning
- Develop a relevant collection of non-fiction and fiction to ensure quality reading choices for all students
- Select and acquire library materials with recommendations from faculty including books and e-books, print and electronic periodicals and online databases
- Promote a culture of reading and intellectual curiosity within the school community
- Motivate students to read for pleasure Library Administration
- Ensure smooth daily operation of the library
- Cultivate a library atmosphere that is conducive to study and welcoming to all
- Manage library budget and vendor accounts
- Develop, maintain, and communicate library policies
- Create and maintain digital access to EC Library resources
- Recruit, train and supervise library volunteers
- Collaborate with after-school study supervisors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Library experience required
- Valid teaching certificate preferred
- Preferred training: M.L.I.S or teaching certificate with library endorsement
- Strong knowledge of and comfort with educational technology including, but not limited to, OPAC software, library databases, Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply directly on website of the Office of Catholic Schools (http://www.ocsww.org/employment.php). While we are a Catholic school, Eastside Catholic welcomes people of all faiths and creeds. We are always looking for faculty and staff with experience with facilitating extra-curricular activities and coaching all sports.
Sonoma County Library, DIVISION MANAGER, MARKETING, EVENTS & COMMUNITY SERVICES LIBRARY HEADQUARTERS – ROHNERT PARK
Sonoma County Library, DIVISION MANAGER, BRANCHES & PATRON SERVICES LIBRARY HEADQUARTERS – ROHNERT PARK
Sonoma County Library, LIBRARIAN I or II, CHILDREN’S SERVICES – ROSELAND 20 HOURS PER WEEK – PART TIME
Sonoma County Library, LIBRARIAN I or II, CHILDREN’S SERVICES – CLOVERDALE 40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
- Oversees the District's digital content -Acts as a liaison between staff and website vendor
- Develops strategies/processes for managing District digital content -Instructs and trains staff around management of digital content
For more info visit: https://www.mld.org/employment
- Reports Directly to the Dean of Library Services
- Plays a strategic role in leadership, planning, management, and implementation of innovative and responsive library systems, applications, and technology services that support the teaching, learning, and research activities of Cal Poly
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of existing systems
- Guides and supports the selection, adoption, and technical integration of emerging library technologies, automated systems, and digital initiatives
- Responsible and accountable for providing technology leadership, developing and managing a staff of IT professionals and student assistants
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE HAD ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Innovative, forward thinking and collaborative team player
- Embracing a dynamic and forward looking library management team
- Open, transparent, direct, and collaborative communication style
- Leadership skills in developing and managing IT professionals and student assistants
- People management skills especially holding people accountable for their work
- Experience managing a $300k - $500k budget
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an academic or research library or related technology field, including at least five years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience