The Western Region includes Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Alaska
Reference Librarian, Claremont School of Theology
Reports to: Dean of the Library
Status: Full Time - Exempt
The position is responsible for developing and delivering both personalized reference assistance and classroom information literacy instruction, for helping to develop and manage library collections, and for assisting with special projects as needed.
- Provide personalized reference assistance to graduate level students in the areas of theology, Scripture studies, practical theology, world religions, and religious studies;
- Provide classroom and online information literacy instruction to graduate level students and faculty;
- Provide professional evaluations of bibliographical formatting and use in
- Masters theses and doctoral dissertations;
- Supervise and evaluate student workers;
- Provide input regarding acquisitions and collection management; and
- Assist with routine library operations.
- Ph.D. in religious studies or both a Masters in Library Science and a second Masters (M.A., M.Div., Th.M., M.T.S.) in some area of religious studies;
- Eagerness to work directly with students and faculty in advanced research in religious studies;
- Ability to work with library patrons from diverse religious and cultural backgrounds and commitments;
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English;
- Ability to speak publicly in classroom settings;
- Experience in an academic library;
- Comfort with technology and digital discovery and retrieval tools; and
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with on-line reference and instruction;
- Experience with collection management and development;
- Research skills in languages beyond English (please specify languages and proficiency in cover letter); and
- Experience creating on-line reference resources (e.g., video tutorials,research guides and web based instruction).
Working environment/Description of institution: Claremont School of Theology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resumes to Claremont School of Theology, Human Resources Office, 1325 N. College Ave., Claremont, CA 91711; e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 909-447-6390
Salary and benefits: DOE Deadline for applying: May 15, 2014
Senior Network Administrator, Douglas County Libraries
Castle Rock, CO
For more information: http://www.douglascountylibraries.org/