The Southern region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Florida
Librarian (Library IT Systems), IMF
As part of the Library Operations Team of the Joint Bank-Fund Library, the Librarian (Library IT Systems) supports, enhances, implements and maintains a variety of library technology applications to facilitate timely access to the library collections and services. These activities will be performed in close consultation with stakeholders, vendors and IT teams at both IMF and WBG.
- Serve as the Business IT project manager for a variety of library IT initiatives and is responsible for developing project plans, identifying resources, developing requirements and use cases, coordinating work of vendors and administering systems Applications may include:
- Access and authentication such as EZproxy (remote access authentication) to ensure seamless access to licensed electronic resources for World Bank and IMF staff at HQ and for Country Offices/Res Rep staff and support for authentication from mobile devices
- Tracking usage of licensed electronic resources, websites and other library services.
- Other specific library services such as but not limited to E-TOCs (Electronic Table of Contents alert services), LibGuides (customized online research guide) and other locally developed applications.Lead the Joint Library Network Architecture Redesign project and responsible for requirements gathering, definition of ‘To Be’ architecture, detail design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of solutions and services.
- Provides business analysis support for Joint Library IT related projects including requirements gathering, workflow design, and optimized solutions, with the goal of improving the efficiency of the JL staff and making the collections more readily accessible to the users;
- Serve as the chair of Web Development Team composed of staff across the Library, the Library Network and vendor staffing. Play a key role of setting strategies and providing guidance to enhance and modernize the library’s web platform and applications. The Team is responsible for development and maintenance of three websites
- Coordinate and work closely with Information Security, Change Management, IT HelpDesk and Infrastructure teams to ensure solutions are implemented in adherence to the IMF Security, Enterprise Architecture, SDLC and Change Management guidelines.
- Participate in the Library’s Mobile Taskforce by testing and supporting access to licensed electronic resources on mobile devices, keep abreast of latest developments of mobile technologies in the library community.
- Work collaboratively with library colleagues and other departments to explore innovative uses of emerging information and web technologies that can enhance users online experience to library collections and services
- Respond to Bank, Fund and Library staff's inquiries on the Library Systems Support Helpdesk
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program in Library Science, Information Science, Information Technology, or related field and at least three years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of server operating systems, experience with Windows Server, Linux, IIS, Apache, MS SQL Server
- Strong project management skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential.
- Experience developing and administering web-based solutions using CSS, HTML, XML and related technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills, customer service and/or IT support experience, including customers at remote locations
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, ability to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent customer service and demonstrated service commitment to library users
- Capable of working effectively; both independently and with others as a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, highly motivated, demonstrated initiative
- Detail-oriented •Strong aptitude for acquiring new skills relevant to library systems
- Experience with web analytics tools, such as Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.
Working environment/Description of institution:
About Joint Bank-Fund Library Located in downtown Washington D.C., the Joint Bank-Fund Library is the largest library in the Library Network serving the World Bank Group and IMF. Its mandate is to provide information products and services to support the commitments of the two institutions. It collects and makes available information published globally on the economic, political, and financial situations of countries, as well as core international economics and poverty-related topics.
Salary and benefits: commensurate with credentials and work experience. Deadline for applying: August 5, 2014 Review will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application instructions: Please follow the direct link to apply Apply to/Contact person: email@example.com
URL for further information: https://imf.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1400479&lang=en&sn...