Jobs in Library and Information Technology
Southern Region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, a private medical school and an affiliate of Southeast Alabama Medical Center will initiate classes in August 2013. ACOM seeks an Assistant Librarian for its Learning Resources Center.The Assistant Librarian position is an entry-level position, and new MLS or MLIS graduates with cataloging skills are encouraged to apply.
Job Summary: The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Assistant Librarian is responsible for original and copy cataloging the Learning Center’s holdings (99% online), for providing Inter-Library Loan and Document Delivery Services, and for assisting in the provision of reference, research, and instructional services. The Assistant Librarian holds non-tenured faculty rank at a level commensurate with the criteria for appointment and promotion of library faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Downloads MARC records and edits them as necessary to comply with current
- AACR2/RDA cataloging standards as set by the Library of Congress and adds National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings and Classification call numbers when applicable. Obtains requested non-subscribed Health Sciences literature for faculty and students via Docline and OCLC.
- Provides reference, mediated research, and instructional services as needed.
- Master’s degree in library/information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association required.
- Knowledge of AACR2, RDA, and MARC21 standards.
- Meets criteria for faculty appointment at an appropriate rank.
- Experienced in original and copy cataloging.
- Knowledge of AACR2, RDA, and MARC21 standards.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, a private medical school and an affiliate of Southeast Alabama Medical Center will initiate classes in August 2013. Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Deadline for applying: Open until filled. Application instructions: Interested candidates should contact Mary E.Gaudette, Director of Learning Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. URL for further information: http://samc.org
Director of the Library, Lynn University
Boca Raton, FL
Systems Librarian II, Dick Smith Library, Tarleton State University
Business Analyst I, Emory University
Electronic Resources Librarian, Georgetown University
Director of Public Libraries, City of Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, VI
The Library Director will be responsible for managing a budget of more than
$17 million, a staff of 316 (260 FTE), and reports to the Deputy City Manager:
- Leads the Library Executive Team and the department in providing comprehensive, innovative programs, services and resources to ensure free access to information and lifelong learning opportunities for all citizens.
- Nurtures an organizational culture that values consistent, high-quality
- customer service, teamwork, diversity, creativity, systems-thinking and accountability.
- Promotes reading as a critical life skill and advocates for early literacy curriculum in libraries as the means to prepare children for success in school and life.
- Promotes the Library as an informing presence that safeguards individual expression and reaches into all communities.
- Adapts and employs emerging technologies, innovations and best practices to maintain efficient and innovative service delivery.
- Assertively translates vision and value into actions.
- Builds positive relationships and partnerships and ensures effective library communications to achieve community-wide understanding and support for a broad scope of services.
- Leads organizational initiatives and assignments, serves on teams and committees to support and address City issues; represents the City on designated issues with external agencies and the media.
- Uses feedback and input from throughout the organization and provides recommendations to the City Manager, or designee, on library program or policy innovations, changes, and enhancements.
- Partners with various departments and agencies for effective results, serves in other capacities in support of organizational strategies.
- Represents the Library in dealings with federal, state and local governments, professional associations, library committees, community organizations and the public.
- Liaises with Library Board and Virginia Beach Library Foundation Board serves as Ex Officio member of the Friends of the Virginia Beach Public Library Board.
•Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Virginia State Library Certification
•Experience equivalent to 12 years in fields using the required knowledge, skills and abilities,
including 5 years in public library administration at the program management or administrator level.
A master's degree in Library Science or Virginia State Library Certification;
5 years executive level experience; record of visionary entrepreneurial leadership and commitment to the community;
and experience implementing inclusive approaches to leading a workforce and working with citizens.
City of Virginia Beach Government Salary and benefits: Depending on qualifications, the selected candidate
will be compensated within the range of $94,212 to $141,318. The City of Virginia Beach also provides a
competitive fringe benefits program. Appropriate relocation assistance will be provided. Deadline for applying: 05/15/2013
Application instructions: Interested applicants should apply on-line at www.vbcareers4gov.com and attach a resume and cover letter to your application. Apply by 5/15/13. For more information visit, www.VBgov.com/VBPLjobs. EOE
Apply on-line only. URL for further information: http://www.vbcareers4gov.com