The Southern region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Florida
University of Arkansas, Dean of Libraries
The Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries, joining the Association of Research Libraries in 2018 as the first new U.S. member of ARL in over 15 years, invites applications and nominations for the position of Catalog Librarian for Special Collections. The Catalog Librarian for Special Collections will collaborate with colleagues in the VCU Libraries and within the library profession to describe rare and unique publications and other materials in order to make them discoverable to users worldwide. The successful candidate will join a culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber. Salary commensurate with experience, not less than $50,000. Review of applications will begin November 26, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The complete position description is available at http://www.library.vcu.edu/about/jobs/. To apply for this position go to https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/84124. Virginia Commonwealth University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
University of Arkansas, Research and Educational Services Archivist
Rice University, Electronic Resources Librarian
City of Grapevine, TX, Library Director
KAP, Conflicts Associate
MUST: 4 year or advanced degree in Library Science Research experience Professional and sharp with a great attention to detail Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Substantial experience conducting company information research using proprietary databases, company websites and other internet resources. Strong research, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with colleagues, which will include lawyers, paralegals and legal support staff, both verbally and through written documentation.
The Health Sciences & Human Services Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore is recruiting for a Data Services Librarian. This newly created position will guide and expand the library’s efforts in data management, planning, discovery and access of research data, data sharing and publication, and data visualization. Min. Salary: $55,000. Priority deadline is 10/26/18.
Jacksonville Public Library, Library Systems Administrator
Fayetteville Public Library, IT Systems Administrator
Jacksonville Public Library, Senior Manager for Data Analytics
Florida Polytechnic University, University Librarian
City of Virginia Beach, Business Application Support Technician #26063
Virginia Beach, VA
The City of Virginia Beach Library Department is seeking a Business Application Support Technician
- Performs day-to-day user support of computer applications, related hardware, and LAN systems for a department and serves as a power user.
- Provides a rapid response to notifications of service interruptions
- Must be able to drive to various branch locations
- Establishes the priority of recorded incidents and resolve common client service requests using available resources; determines the most effective manner to resolve the client's reported incident.
- Elevates complex and/or high priority incidents to the appropriate groups for resolution; follows up to ensure that action is taken
- Assists in acquisition and installation of hardware and software to the required quality specifications; and installs workstations
- May establish and maintain databases or spreadsheets for the division/department's use and generate various informational reports from them; prepares regularly recurring reports; creates spreadsheets, presentations, or reports for department/division use.
- Assists, as needed, with the maintenance and inventory of agency hardware and software.
- Responds to internal inquiries by compiling reports; handles complaints and requests for service or information by providing assistance or refers to the proper source.
- Develops computer literacy within department using informal and formal training sessions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of force
Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to four years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. For more information and to apply on-line by 9/17/18 go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE
Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library, Library Director
Harpers Ferry, WV
Full-time. To oversee the operation of a small public library in historic Harper Ferry, WV. MLS required. 5 years of library experience preferred. Salary range $37,500-$40,000. Submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be received by Sept. 17. No phone calls please. EOE.
City of Lubbock, Library Director
Lubbock, known as the “The Hub City”, is situated at the center of the scenic South Plains, between the Permian Basin and Texas Panhandle. Lubbock covers more than 125 square miles and is home to 250,000 residents who enjoy the opportunities of a major metropolitan area with the friendly hospitality and charm of a small community. The City of Lubbock is a Home Rule city operating with a Council-Manager form of government. The City of Lubbock seeks an energetic, resourceful, and customer-focused professional to be its Library Director. The ideal candidate must hold a master’s degree in library science or a closely related field and have five years of experience, including two years of supervisory experience, in library operations. An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills will be considered. Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches For more information on this position contact: Ron Holifield, CEO Strategic Government Resources email@example.com 214-676-1691
Description: Radford University seeks an experienced, user-centered librarian to join a team of library faculty committed to providing superior technological support to our academic community. The Systems Librarian provides technical expertise to administer and enhance resource discovery and library operations. This individual will work closely with staff in all library departments to deliver library services that support Radford University’s diverse learning community.
Reporting to the Head of the Collection and Technical Services (CATS) Department, the Systems Librarian will:
- Administer and manage WMS LSP and related interoperable software, e.g. EDS, ILLiad, EZProxy, and other systems as needed.
- Assist library staff and the Radford University community in the use of library systems and IT applications including, but not limited to WMS, ILLiad, EZProxy, and workstation applications.
- Serve on library and campus committees, professional organizations, and professional development as need and interest suggest.
- Participates in collection development program: selects library materials for one or more subject areas; serves as library liaison to corresponding academic departments; evaluates designated subject areas of collection; works with teaching faculty and provides assistance with accreditation reports, new course proposals, and other projects requiring collaboration between the library and academic departments; and participates in general collection development meetings.
This position is a 12-month, non-tenured professional faculty position with starting rank and salary based on qualifications and experience. It includes responsibilities for university service and professional contributions and may include responsibilities for collection development.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program in library and information studies.
- Understanding of access issues associated with electronic resources; knowledge and understanding of electronic publishing; working knowledge of bibliographic and metadata tools (e.g. MARC records, BIBFRAME, Dublin Core, EAD, OpenURL, link resolvers, knowledge bases)
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects within an academic library setting; knowledge of academic libraries and their users •Extensive experience in administering and managing library service platforms (LSPs) and related interoperable software (e.g. discovery layer, interlibrary loan system, access and authentication system, or other systems as needed)
- Working knowledge of existing and emerging library and electronic resource trends, standards, protocols, and codes of practice including but not limited to transfer protocols, OpenURL, KBART
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to diplomatically establish and maintain cooperative working relationships that foster a productive environment for problem-solving and project completion
- Experience with administering and trouble-shooting WorldShare Management Services (WMS) LSP.
- Evidence of interest and ability in applying innovative technologies and creative problem-solving to enhance library services
- Familiarity with network and systems administration across multiple operating systems including Windows- and Unix-based proprietary and open-source systems
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with or teaching technology to diverse colleagues
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
To Apply: To be considered for the position, all applicants must apply online at http://jobs.radford.edu/postings/6386. Review of applications will begin on August 20, 2018. Radford University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should call (540) 831-5008 (voice) or (540) 831-5128 (TTY). If you need access to a computer, you may visit our office at 600 Tyler Avenue, Radford, Virginia, or the local Virginia Employment Commission. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
City of Keller, Library Services Manager
The Health Sciences & Human Services Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore is recruiting for a Data Services Librarian. This newly created position will guide and expand the library’s efforts in data management, planning, discovery and access of research data, data sharing and publication, and data visualization. Min. Salary: $55,000. Priority deadline is 8/24/18.
GWU, Gelman Library, Middle East and Africa Librarian
The University Library seeks a motivated, creative, and user-focused Assistant Program Director of Technical Services and Head of Library Systems to join our faculty. The incumbent reports to the Director of Technical Services and Library Systems and helps provide leadership and vision for the enhancement, extension, and integration of technology and tools in support of teaching, research and services needs of the library and university community. This position assumes all responsibilities in the absence of the Director. In addition to providing direct support to the Director, the Assistant Program Director of Technical Services and Head of Library Systems directly supervises the Systems and Digital Technologies Librarian and assists in the overall leadership and direction of Technical Services and Library Systems; helps identify and coordinate library computing needs in support of library and university users and helps to set the direction of the library’s technology environment; manages the entire life cycle of projects from requirements gathering to deployment; manages, leads, and collaborates on projects focused on gathering, analyzing, and putting into use high-quality, actionable data to determine the value of library services; serves as a member of the library’s Leadership Team and contributes to the strategic and annual planning for the Technical Services and Systems Department. This position ensures successful collaboration with external vendors and the university’s Information Technology Services to provide services that are well-integrated and maintained.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in academic library environment.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Demonstrable familiarity with software and data formats commonly used in academic libraries.
- Evidence of strong supervisory skills, team building, and ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies in the university community.
- Demonstrable ability planning projects, setting priorities to ensure steady departmental operations.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants must list a minimum of 3 references with contact information as part of their application. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie Parks at (904) 620-2553, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University Library seeks a motivated, creative, and user-focused Systems and Digital Technologies Librarian to join our faculty. Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Director of Technical Services and Head of Library Systems, the Systems and Digital Technologies Librarian is responsible for maintaining high-quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, preservation, and the delivery of library services and resources to the university community; enhancing the functionality, accessibility, and effectiveness of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library’s website, including overseeing content development and design; identifying emerging technologies that support and enhance library collections and services. Working both independently and in team settings, the incumbent develops new digital library services that emphasizes usability, sustainability, and performance; and provides training to library staff and the campus community regarding library systems and technologies.
Approved Hiring Salary Range at the rank of Assistant Librarian $45,750 to negotiable. Applicants with a total of five years of experience in academic libraries post-MLS may be hired at the rank of Associate Librarian, with a salary of $50,000 to negotiable. Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants must list a minimum of 3 references with contact information as part of their application. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie Parks at (904) 620-2553, or email@example.com.
Support computer operations, technology training, website development, technology planning, daily library operations. BS degree or equivalent education/computer experience, ability to lift 50 pounds; FT, some evenings/weekends. Library/customer service experience a plus. $26,153. Start September. Send cover letter, resume, three references by 7/20/18 to Melanie Hemingway, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director, Galax-Carroll Regional Library, 610 W. Stuart Drive, Galax, VA 24333.
SANDOW, Material Research Specialist
Barry University, Director, Library Services
Miami Shores, FL
Barry University is currently accepting applications for a Director of Library Services. This is a full time position at the Main Campus.
The Director of Library Services provides innovative and effective leadership in the provision of high quality library services and resources to the University community. Responsibilities include developing, implementing and evaluating Library policies and procedures; managing, evaluating and reporting on Library operations; ensuring appropriate access to print and electronic information resources; supervising high quality Bibliographic Instruction and Reference programs; and collaboratively coordinating the management of the departments of Technical Services, Public Services, and the University’s Archives and Special Collections. This position works closely with the Law Library to manage shared library automation systems and information resources.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the Assistant Director and Department managers in planning, providing, and evaluating library policies, procedures, services and resources.
- Collaborating with the Collection Manager and subject specialists to ensure that the library's print and electronic resources adequately support all educational and research programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level.
- Supporting distance learning programs by providing efficient access to electronic information resources and distance services.
- Functioning as chief fiscal officer for the Library, and developing and expending budget allocations.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify, evaluate and implement programs that improve Library services resources and facilities.
- Developing the library staff as a strong team by collaborating with Assistant Directors and Managers of departments in providing for the selection, training, evaluation, and maintenance of adequate Library staffing.
Actively participates in Department, Division and University management activities by:
- Serving on University-wide committees, groups, taskforces, and councils such as the Undergraduate Council and the Academic Affairs Council.
- Serving on Divisional committees, groups, taskforces, and councils.
- Leading Library committees, groups, and taskforces such as the Professional Librarian Group.
- Preparing and providing Library activity and assessment reports.
Provides external representation and reporting by:
- Cultivating external relationships, and developing grant opportunities with public and private sector organizations in support of the University Libraries’ programs.
- Representing and promoting the library, formally and informally to the University, community and the world.
- Participating actively in local, state and national professional library organizations.
- Participating in cooperative resource sharing efforts with state and local networks through organizations such as LYRASIS and ICUF.
Coordinates strategic planning for the library by:
- Maintaining a solid understanding of industry trends, and "best practices" in the library and information technology fields.
- Coordinating the development of the Library strategic plan within the Division of Academic Affairs to ensure that library services and activities further the University mission.
- Facilitating the continuous transformation of the library into a technologically advanced “information commons” that integrates diverse resources, provides exceptional patron services, seeks new opportunities, actively engages with the community, collaborates with university units, and sustains a vibrant research and learning community.
- Providing high quality instruction services to assigned schools and departments.
- Providing collection development services to assigned schools and departments.
- Master's degree in Library Science.
- 5-8 years of experience as a Library Director.
- Responsible for managing and supervising university library development projects.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills of library resources and budgetary needs.
- Must have excellent communication skills, oral and written.
University of Virginia School of Law, Web Services Librarian
City of Virginia Beach, Technology Services Manager #24897
Virginia Beach, VA
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Library and Information Science, Management Information Systems, or Public Administration
- Experience with supervisory/ training techniques and staff development
- Experience writing and reading complex technical documents
- Experience in project management, researching, developing and implementing complex information systems
- Experience with effective communications (both oral and written) of technical information
- Knowledge of interpreting community interest/needs with the development of appropriate programs/ services
- Experience being able to formulate and implement effective policies and procedures
- Knowledge of managing, testing, and debugging programs and information systems
- Project management certification
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Information and Library Science, Teaching Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Associate Director, Library Computing and Technology (Lib. II or III)
Virginia Commonwealth University, Associate University Librarian for Collections, Discovery, and Budget
- Provides day-to-day cataloging and maintenance and updating of digital content and links to technical literature for library and information facilities.
- Provides back-up support for custom Access database. Uses excel to create usage reports. Assists with providing information on approval plans and vendor packages.
- Maintains searchable lists of electronic literature and ensures access from the library’s Intranet and online catalog (Horizon) including cataloging and downloading and editing bibliographic records.
- Works with client staff to coordinate and facilitate project scope and requests. Works with digital resource vendors such as Ebsco, ProQuest, Safari Books to make sure access to resources is maintained.
- Master’s in Library Science.
- 4 years’ experience leading and/or providing support in upgrading, maintaining, and creating content used in latest digital technologies.
- Extensive experienced working with vendor packages for research libraries.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
UNC School of Information and Library Science, Open Rank Faculty Position in Academic Library Innovation
- Plans, develops, and oversees the fiscal and administrative operations of the Horry County Memorial Library System to ensure efficient and effective execution of service standards determined by the Library Board of Trustees. Supervises library staff through an established chain of command, including, but not limited to, prioritizing and assigning work; monitoring and managing performance and conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary/grievance decisions; and recommending and approving human resources decisions, such as transfers, promotions, and salary increases.
- Develops and maintains effective working and administrative relationships with Library stakeholders. Attends Library meetings and meetings of other relevant agencies and organizations. Collaborates with County Administration to accomplish goals set forth by County Council.
- Prepares and administers the Libraries’ annual budget. Provides leadership, vision, and management for the development and implementation of the Library’s budget, policies, and goals. Horry County is situated on the northeast coast of South Carolina and includes the popular family-oriented tourist destination of Myrtle Beach. With a population of almost 300,000, it is the largest county in South Carolina with a land mass of 1,134 square miles.
- The position will direct the County’s management, planning, coordination, budget and daily operations of 10 libraries and one administrative branch, comprising 64 employees, within the Horry County Memorial Library System in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by County Council and directed by the Library Board of Trustees.
- Requires Master’s Degree in library science and Professional Librarian Certificate. Degree in business administration desired. Minimum of six (6) years of library experience, with two (2) of those years at a supervisory level. Second language, bilingual, and/or ASL highly desired.
- All interested candidates should apply at www.horrycounty.org
- Maintains current awareness of emerging and evolving ideas, and technological tools for library and information management;
- Serves as a member of the Technology Training Team to collaboratively and strategically integrate emerging technologies and digital literacy skills into library staff training and public programs;
- Authors routine articles to communicate and reinforce emerging technology concepts to staff;
- Serves as a member of Library Technology Team to define, plan, and implement new services system-wide;
- Participate in planning and implementation of grants related to library technology.
For more information and to apply on-line by 6/4/17. EOE
- This is a 12 Month Tenure Track Position and candidates must meet the College’s requirements for tenure.
- Course of study in technology is preferred.
- Library and Information technology certificate is preferred.
- At least one year of instructional experience in an academic library setting.
- Experience in library instruction and conducting library research.
- Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to integrate mobile technologies in pedagogy.
- Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment.
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and related concepts in an online setting.
- Experience with Blackboard or other LMS.
Valencia’s Total Rewards:Free medical and dental benefits, Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents, Generous paid time off and so much more, visit our website for more details.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree
- Experience using and/or providing data management services
- Knowledge of best practices, trends, and tools related to research data management
- Familiarity with tools for data analysis, visualization, and dissemination, including methods for sharing faculty research and research data (e.g. institutional repositories)
- Ability to work in team-based environment, both within the Libraries and with faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to develop and execute a personal research agenda and to contribute to published research in data management and curation
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills •Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading a data management program at a research university
- Experience teaching research data management skills, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects involving many stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience working as a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on grant-funded research projects
- Evidence of active participation in professional societies and organizations
Rank and Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications. This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track position. Benefits include 20 days vacation leave/12 days sick leave per year; participation in State Teachers’ Retirement System (mandatory); other additional voluntary retirement plans available; health/dental/life/disability insurance.
Application: The application review process begins April 28, 2017 and will continue until a qualified candidate is selected and recommended for appointment. Complete applications must include letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and full addresses of three current, professional references. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Auburn University is one of the nation’s premier land, sea, and space grant institutions. In U.S. News and World Report, it has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 23 consecutive years. The institution is both highly research-active and committed to maintaining teaching excellence, offering bachelor, master, educational specialist and doctoral degrees. Its fall of 2015 enrollment of 27,287 students includes 21,786 undergraduates and 4,398 graduate students, and 1,103 professional-doctoral students. There are 1,216 full time academic faculty members distributed across nine colleges and three schools with degrees offered in 200 academic programs. Auburn University is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, positive work environment, exciting student life, and the beauty of its campus. It is geographically located in a moderate climate with easy access to both beach and mountain recreational facilities and is situated along the rapidly developing I-85 corridor between Atlanta, Georgia and Montgomery, Alabama. “Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, Color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.”
- institutional repository and data repository software
- Dublin Core
- metadata schema for academia articles, electronic thesis and dissertations, and repositories
- communicate clearly and effectively
- work independently and collaboratively to contribute to a positive and efficient work environment
- compile statistics and create reports
- give presentations and provide training
- oral, written, and interpersonal communications
- analyzing and solving problems
- software/computing including: MS Word, MS Excel and basic desktop and internet applications Preferred:
- Dspace, Dataverse, Vireo, and SWORD repository software and protocols
- data management planning
- open repository standards and scholarly publishing processes and issues
- multiple bibliographic database systems including Sierra
- project management
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Advancement in rank is available through the Librarian/ Curator Career Ladder. Benefits include monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement program. No state or local income tax.
- Master's degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited program.
- Detailed knowledge of federal depository guidelines and practices.
- Knowledge of government and reference information.
- Experience in providing reference service in the area of government information.
- Potential to meet tenure and promotion requirements; ability to work independently and collegially.
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5 years experience in Government Documents; supervisory experience in a library setting.
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer
- leading the Library’s overall technology activities (IT, web development and digital collections);
- ensuring that successful technology services align with the Library’s mission and plan;
- planning, preparing and monitoring the technology budgets;
- developing and implementing staff and customer training; and
- providing the technology vision, leadership, infrastructure, tools and services to support excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Relationship building and partnership skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Structured thinking and strong organizational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision Unique
Requirements: Local travel between worksites may be required. US Citizenship is a requirement for this position. e-Management offers salaries commensurate with education and experience. We provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer 401k matching and continuing education assistance. Join our award winning team of professionals and take your career to the next level. e-Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
- Two or more years of instruction experience in an academic setting
- Enthusiasm for information literacy instruction and providing interdisciplinary liaison activities, especially working with faculty and providing personalized research support for students
- Expertise in information literacy concepts, instructional design, assessment, and curriculum development. Ability to develop and implement engaging course-related library instruction sessions. Knowledge of learning theory, pedagogical methods, and learning outcomes assessment to support information literacy instruction. Demonstrated understanding of the difference between online, face-to-face and blended learning environments and commitment to the use of new information technologies in instruction. Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to provide well-reasoned analysis using appropriate research and data resources and developing reports to support conclusions.
- A strong commitment to library service excellence in all forms
- Ability to work in a strongly collaborative environment and fit into the cross-functional nature and close-knit community at a small liberal arts college
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calmly manage stressful situations and juggle multiple tasks and commitments in an effective and timely manner • Ability to successfully lead and complete projects
- Commitment to professional development and service
TO APPLY Please send a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references using the following link: http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/jobs/ Only applications submitted through this link will be accepted. Review of applications begins May 2, 2016. McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.
- Web design development and/or implementation in a library environment or similar profession.
- SirsiDynix Enterprise and/or eResource Central or other similar software solution providers with public facing catalogs and third party digital resources.
- Experience using SharePoint 2013 or other web development tools.
- IT best practices in software deployment in a development, test, and production environment.
Salary Range: $45,091.44 - $67,637.28 For more information and to apply on-line by April 25, 2016 go to www.vbcareers4gov.com EOE
- Provide strategic vision and leadership of Library technology operations and initiatives to support faculty and students.
- Provide technical advice and hands-on support in integrating, troubleshooting and resolving various issues with purchased or licensed software, e.g. resolving authentication problems and ensuring smooth and reliable access, working with vendor based APIs and web services.
- Work closely with the Information Technology Departments of both Loyola and Notre Dame and outside partners to develop and maintain technological infrastructure and support future technology initiatives and digital services.
- Collect and use data to inform decisions on technology integration.
- Lead planning for the Library’s website and mobile application initiatives.
- Provide input to the Library Administration on budgeting, reporting and compliance as related to technology services.
- Engage and remain current on information technology and digital library trends.
For more details on position requirements see full position description. The Loyola Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three work-related references with “Digital Services Coordinator” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: email@example.com
Discovery Services Librarian, Middle Tennessee State University
- As a member of the team, contributes to the leadership and coordination of the team responsible for the overall discovery environment in the library.
- Optimizes functions of the web-scale discovery service. Participates in the administration, optimization, and integration of the library’s link resolver, ezproxy, and other systems for discovery and access.
- Ensures optimum user experience through the use of data-informed metrics to continuously improve local implementation of the Library’s discovery infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a team environment to enhance library programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to user-centered services will receive special consideration.
- Must meet promotion and tenure requirements which require scholarly activity and service. Must also possess excellent problem solving, communication, and
- organizational skills.
- Experience with metadata schema such as MARC, Dublin Core, EAD, METS.
- Familiarity with NISO Standards and best practices; familiarity with cataloging standards including RDA, AACR2, LCSH formats
- Demonstrate the ability to translate complex requirements into simple user interface interactions.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects, creating detailed project documentation, and using project management software (e.g., JIRA, etc.).