The Southern region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Florida
- As a member of the team, contributes to the leadership and coordination of the team responsible for the overall discovery environment in the library.
- Optimizes functions of the web-scale discovery service. Participates in the administration, optimization, and integration of the library’s link resolver, ezproxy, and other systems for discovery and access.
- Ensures optimum user experience through the use of data-informed metrics to continuously improve local implementation of the Library’s discovery infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a team environment to enhance library programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to user-centered services will receive special consideration.
- Must meet promotion and tenure requirements which require scholarly activity and service. Must also possess excellent problem solving, communication, and
- organizational skills.
- Experience with metadata schema such as MARC, Dublin Core, EAD, METS.
- Familiarity with NISO Standards and best practices; familiarity with cataloging standards including RDA, AACR2, LCSH formats
- Demonstrate the ability to translate complex requirements into simple user interface interactions.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects, creating detailed project documentation, and using project management software (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
Archivist/Program Manager, History Associates Incorporated
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Library Systems and Emerging Technologies Librarian, Chattanooga State Community College -- Kolwyck Library & Information Commons
Head of Technical Services, University of Arkansas
Programmer Analyst II,Virginia Beach Public Library
Virginia Beach, VA
Position description/Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Technology Services Manager, the Programmer Analyst II will be the primary application administrator for the VBPL Integrated Library System (ILS) which is used to manage all library circulation, cataloging, ordering of materials, customer records and data analysis related activities; provide support for system downtime issues (after hours, weekends, and holidays may be required); assist staff with critical issues; perform maintenance and upgrades and keep up-date on latest enhancements to software; systems modifications and interfaces to include analysis, design, development/coding, testing, implementation, and documentation; troubleshoot staff and customer problems, issues and concerns; and administer daily tasks in support of the system. Individual will assist vendors and City IT staff with troubleshooting determining appropriate corrective action; conduct staff training; develop briefings for staff on specialized technology initiatives; participate on various standing and project teams; serve as SirsiDynix Operational Team Lead; cultivate relationships within the national ILS community and other organizations to stay current with technology initiatives and trends. Individual will also assist with the administration and maintenance of other library systems including PC activity management, Automated Materials Handling System, the VBPL/TCC Joint-Use Library interface.
Required qualifications: The position requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to five (5) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities, and associated with such positions as Lead Programmer or Programmer Analyst; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities Desired qualifications: Preferences for this position include: Application administration of SirsiDynix Symphony, eLibrary, eResource, and Enterprise applications or other integrated library systems; IT development (including web development) principles and practices; API/web services, Perl, Java Script, JSON, JQuery scripting or similar tools; SIP2, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, SMTP, TCP communication protocols.
Working environment/Description of institution: "The largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the 39th largest city in the U.S., Virginia Beach is recognized worldwide as one of the best places to live, work and do business.” Virginia Beach, located on the Atlantic Ocean in southeast Virginia, is seeking a Programmer Analyst II for the Virginia Beach Public Libraries (VBPL). Virginia Beach Public Library has approximately 300 staff and is comprised of 10 branches plus an Administrative Office
Salary and benefits: The City provides competitive fringe benefits, including paid leave, health and life insurance and a range of supplemental/optional benefits and services.
Salary: $45,535.68 - $68,303.52
Deadline for applying: Midnight May 7, 2015 Application instructions: Apply on-line (by Thursday, May 7, 2015); log on to www.vbgov.com/careers . EOE.
Contact: Susan L. Morris(757-385-0174) For further information: http://www.vbgov.com/careers