The Southern region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Florida
- This is a 12 Month Tenure Track Position and candidates must meet the College’s requirements for tenure.
- Course of study in technology is preferred.
- Library and Information technology certificate is preferred.
- At least one year of instructional experience in an academic library setting.
- Experience in library instruction and conducting library research.
- Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to integrate mobile technologies in pedagogy.
- Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment.
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and related concepts in an online setting.
- Experience with Blackboard or other LMS.
Valencia’s Total Rewards:Free medical and dental benefits, Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents, Generous paid time off and so much more, visit our website for more details.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree
- Experience using and/or providing data management services
- Knowledge of best practices, trends, and tools related to research data management
- Familiarity with tools for data analysis, visualization, and dissemination, including methods for sharing faculty research and research data (e.g. institutional repositories)
- Ability to work in team-based environment, both within the Libraries and with faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to develop and execute a personal research agenda and to contribute to published research in data management and curation
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills •Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading a data management program at a research university
- Experience teaching research data management skills, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects involving many stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience working as a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on grant-funded research projects
- Evidence of active participation in professional societies and organizations
Rank and Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications. This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track position. Benefits include 20 days vacation leave/12 days sick leave per year; participation in State Teachers’ Retirement System (mandatory); other additional voluntary retirement plans available; health/dental/life/disability insurance.
Application: The application review process begins April 28, 2017 and will continue until a qualified candidate is selected and recommended for appointment. Complete applications must include letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and full addresses of three current, professional references. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Auburn University is one of the nation’s premier land, sea, and space grant institutions. In U.S. News and World Report, it has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 23 consecutive years. The institution is both highly research-active and committed to maintaining teaching excellence, offering bachelor, master, educational specialist and doctoral degrees. Its fall of 2015 enrollment of 27,287 students includes 21,786 undergraduates and 4,398 graduate students, and 1,103 professional-doctoral students. There are 1,216 full time academic faculty members distributed across nine colleges and three schools with degrees offered in 200 academic programs. Auburn University is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, positive work environment, exciting student life, and the beauty of its campus. It is geographically located in a moderate climate with easy access to both beach and mountain recreational facilities and is situated along the rapidly developing I-85 corridor between Atlanta, Georgia and Montgomery, Alabama. “Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, Color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.”
- institutional repository and data repository software
- Dublin Core
- metadata schema for academia articles, electronic thesis and dissertations, and repositories
- communicate clearly and effectively
- work independently and collaboratively to contribute to a positive and efficient work environment
- compile statistics and create reports
- give presentations and provide training
- oral, written, and interpersonal communications
- analyzing and solving problems
- software/computing including: MS Word, MS Excel and basic desktop and internet applications Preferred:
- Dspace, Dataverse, Vireo, and SWORD repository software and protocols
- data management planning
- open repository standards and scholarly publishing processes and issues
- multiple bibliographic database systems including Sierra
- project management
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Advancement in rank is available through the Librarian/ Curator Career Ladder. Benefits include monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement program. No state or local income tax.
- Master's degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited program.
- Detailed knowledge of federal depository guidelines and practices.
- Knowledge of government and reference information.
- Experience in providing reference service in the area of government information.
- Potential to meet tenure and promotion requirements; ability to work independently and collegially.
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5 years experience in Government Documents; supervisory experience in a library setting.
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer
- leading the Library’s overall technology activities (IT, web development and digital collections);
- ensuring that successful technology services align with the Library’s mission and plan;
- planning, preparing and monitoring the technology budgets;
- developing and implementing staff and customer training; and
- providing the technology vision, leadership, infrastructure, tools and services to support excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Relationship building and partnership skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Structured thinking and strong organizational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision Unique
Requirements: Local travel between worksites may be required. US Citizenship is a requirement for this position. e-Management offers salaries commensurate with education and experience. We provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer 401k matching and continuing education assistance. Join our award winning team of professionals and take your career to the next level. e-Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
- Two or more years of instruction experience in an academic setting
- Enthusiasm for information literacy instruction and providing interdisciplinary liaison activities, especially working with faculty and providing personalized research support for students
- Expertise in information literacy concepts, instructional design, assessment, and curriculum development. Ability to develop and implement engaging course-related library instruction sessions. Knowledge of learning theory, pedagogical methods, and learning outcomes assessment to support information literacy instruction. Demonstrated understanding of the difference between online, face-to-face and blended learning environments and commitment to the use of new information technologies in instruction. Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to provide well-reasoned analysis using appropriate research and data resources and developing reports to support conclusions.
- A strong commitment to library service excellence in all forms
- Ability to work in a strongly collaborative environment and fit into the cross-functional nature and close-knit community at a small liberal arts college
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calmly manage stressful situations and juggle multiple tasks and commitments in an effective and timely manner • Ability to successfully lead and complete projects
- Commitment to professional development and service
TO APPLY Please send a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references using the following link: http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/jobs/ Only applications submitted through this link will be accepted. Review of applications begins May 2, 2016. McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.
- Web design development and/or implementation in a library environment or similar profession.
- SirsiDynix Enterprise and/or eResource Central or other similar software solution providers with public facing catalogs and third party digital resources.
- Experience using SharePoint 2013 or other web development tools.
- IT best practices in software deployment in a development, test, and production environment.
Salary Range: $45,091.44 - $67,637.28 For more information and to apply on-line by April 25, 2016 go to www.vbcareers4gov.com EOE
- Provide strategic vision and leadership of Library technology operations and initiatives to support faculty and students.
- Provide technical advice and hands-on support in integrating, troubleshooting and resolving various issues with purchased or licensed software, e.g. resolving authentication problems and ensuring smooth and reliable access, working with vendor based APIs and web services.
- Work closely with the Information Technology Departments of both Loyola and Notre Dame and outside partners to develop and maintain technological infrastructure and support future technology initiatives and digital services.
- Collect and use data to inform decisions on technology integration.
- Lead planning for the Library’s website and mobile application initiatives.
- Provide input to the Library Administration on budgeting, reporting and compliance as related to technology services.
- Engage and remain current on information technology and digital library trends.
For more details on position requirements see full position description. The Loyola Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three work-related references with “Digital Services Coordinator” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: email@example.com
Discovery Services Librarian, Middle Tennessee State University
- As a member of the team, contributes to the leadership and coordination of the team responsible for the overall discovery environment in the library.
- Optimizes functions of the web-scale discovery service. Participates in the administration, optimization, and integration of the library’s link resolver, ezproxy, and other systems for discovery and access.
- Ensures optimum user experience through the use of data-informed metrics to continuously improve local implementation of the Library’s discovery infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a team environment to enhance library programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to user-centered services will receive special consideration.
- Must meet promotion and tenure requirements which require scholarly activity and service. Must also possess excellent problem solving, communication, and
- organizational skills.
- Experience with metadata schema such as MARC, Dublin Core, EAD, METS.
- Familiarity with NISO Standards and best practices; familiarity with cataloging standards including RDA, AACR2, LCSH formats
- Demonstrate the ability to translate complex requirements into simple user interface interactions.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects, creating detailed project documentation, and using project management software (e.g., JIRA, etc.).