The Southern region includes Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Florida
Coordinator, Digital Library Service, Florida Virtual Campus
Implementation Consultant, EnvisionWare, Inc
San Marcos, TX
The University Library at Texas State University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Programmer Analyst I. Reporting to the Head of Digital and Web Services, this position performs online technical work involving general web programming support, assists in the evaluation, selection, installation, and maintenance of specialized application software for the University Library, and works closely with team members to understand requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality online technical solutions.
Provide support for online digital projects through advanced web page development and scripting for online library and academic technology systems and other digital platforms using various languages and protocols. Provide configuration, upgrade, and troubleshooting support for library applications running on Virtual Machines. Work with University IT and outside contractors to modify online digital collections. Create and modify XMLUI themes for the library by editing XML, CSS files on Dspace test server.
Provide support for Dspace functions such as batch editing, uploading, and exporting objects and metadata. Investigate new applications, install and test prototypes on Virtual Machines. Work with IT to move prototypes to production environments. Maintain effective communications with stakeholders. Provide clear and effective documentation. Conduct benchmarking and feedback with vendors, customers, and other peers. Pursue professional development activities to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities with regards to online libraries and online web applications. Perform other duties and functions as needed. Perform multiple, complex, self-directed tasks and activities.
Online portfolio with links to professional web development and design work.
Degree(s) or certification(s) related to IT web development or design; working knowledge and/or experience with digital library, online archives or institutional repository production and development, Adobe Creative Suite, and Web and design applications; knowledge of online library and academic technology systems including Ebsco Discovery Service, Sierra, Dspace and library applications including ILLiad, Eres, Alkek Web Server, Ezproxy and ArchivesSpace; knowledge of Texas State computing environment.
Working environment/Description of institution: Texas State University – San Marcos has recently been reclassified as an Emerging Research University by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The University’s 35,000 students choose from 96 bachelor’s, 86 master’s and 12 doctoral degree programs offered by the following colleges: Applied Arts, McCoy College of Business Administration, Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Health Professions, Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, University College and the Graduate College. As an Emerging Research University, Texas State offers opportunities for discovery and innovation to faculty and students.
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement program. No state or local income tax.
Deadline for applying: 10/1/14
Geosciences and Maps Librarian, University of Arkansas
For more info visit http:libinfo.uark.edu/humanresources/empopps.asp.
Audiovisual Archivist, University of Arkansas
Business Librarian, University of Arkansas
User Experience Librarian, University of Arkansas
Web Services Librarian, University of Alabama Libraries
Librarian (Library IT Systems), IMF
As part of the Library Operations Team of the Joint Bank-Fund Library, the Librarian (Library IT Systems) supports, enhances, implements and maintains a variety of library technology applications to facilitate timely access to the library collections and services. These activities will be performed in close consultation with stakeholders, vendors and IT teams at both IMF and WBG.
- Serve as the Business IT project manager for a variety of library IT initiatives and is responsible for developing project plans, identifying resources, developing requirements and use cases, coordinating work of vendors and administering systems Applications may include:
- Access and authentication such as EZproxy (remote access authentication) to ensure seamless access to licensed electronic resources for World Bank and IMF staff at HQ and for Country Offices/Res Rep staff and support for authentication from mobile devices
- Tracking usage of licensed electronic resources, websites and other library services.
- Other specific library services such as but not limited to E-TOCs (Electronic Table of Contents alert services), LibGuides (customized online research guide) and other locally developed applications.Lead the Joint Library Network Architecture Redesign project and responsible for requirements gathering, definition of ‘To Be’ architecture, detail design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of solutions and services.
- Provides business analysis support for Joint Library IT related projects including requirements gathering, workflow design, and optimized solutions, with the goal of improving the efficiency of the JL staff and making the collections more readily accessible to the users;
- Serve as the chair of Web Development Team composed of staff across the Library, the Library Network and vendor staffing. Play a key role of setting strategies and providing guidance to enhance and modernize the library’s web platform and applications. The Team is responsible for development and maintenance of three websites
- Coordinate and work closely with Information Security, Change Management, IT HelpDesk and Infrastructure teams to ensure solutions are implemented in adherence to the IMF Security, Enterprise Architecture, SDLC and Change Management guidelines.
- Participate in the Library’s Mobile Taskforce by testing and supporting access to licensed electronic resources on mobile devices, keep abreast of latest developments of mobile technologies in the library community.
- Work collaboratively with library colleagues and other departments to explore innovative uses of emerging information and web technologies that can enhance users online experience to library collections and services
- Respond to Bank, Fund and Library staff's inquiries on the Library Systems Support Helpdesk
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program in Library Science, Information Science, Information Technology, or related field and at least three years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of server operating systems, experience with Windows Server, Linux, IIS, Apache, MS SQL Server
- Strong project management skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential.
- Experience developing and administering web-based solutions using CSS, HTML, XML and related technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills, customer service and/or IT support experience, including customers at remote locations
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, ability to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent customer service and demonstrated service commitment to library users
- Capable of working effectively; both independently and with others as a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, highly motivated, demonstrated initiative
- Detail-oriented •Strong aptitude for acquiring new skills relevant to library systems
- Experience with web analytics tools, such as Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.
Working environment/Description of institution:
About Joint Bank-Fund Library Located in downtown Washington D.C., the Joint Bank-Fund Library is the largest library in the Library Network serving the World Bank Group and IMF. Its mandate is to provide information products and services to support the commitments of the two institutions. It collects and makes available information published globally on the economic, political, and financial situations of countries, as well as core international economics and poverty-related topics.
Salary and benefits: commensurate with credentials and work experience. Deadline for applying: August 5, 2014 Review will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application instructions: Please follow the direct link to apply Apply to/Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
URL for further information: https://imf.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1400479&lang=en&sn...