The Midwestern Region includes Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
Knowledge Librarian, Cigna
Online Education and Outreach Librarian, Loyola University
Loyola University Chicago is a nationally recognized urban university founded in 1870 in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. The Health Sciences Library located in Maywood, IL, supports nursing, medical, and graduate biomedical education.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, creative, and service-oriented librarian to serve as Online Education and Outreach Librarian on a vibrant and growing health sciences campus. The successful candidate will:
- work collaboratively with the Health Sciences library and other faculty in applying adult learning theory to the development of learner-centered asynchronous, hybrid and onsite library instruction and assessment that promotes information literacy/mastery and technology fluency
- demonstrate proficiency with instructional technology and/or design experience in developing online tutorials and other learning objects with Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, and Camtasia.
- demonstrate knowledge of web design, familiarity with various online learning environments including Sakai, working knowledge of Adobe connect and other video conferencing systems for distance education.
- demonstrate proficiency in adult education and apply those skills to information literacy/mastery and identify and implement current best practices
- possess an ALA-accredited MLS or Masters in Educational Technology, Curriculum Design, or Adult Learning
- demonstrate flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
This position reports to the Associate Director. Loyola University Chicago benefits package includes tuition remission. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Please complete the application here www.careers.luc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56637 and include names of three references. Salary is available upon request
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator and is committed to a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Programs and Marketing Specialist, American Library Association (LITA Division)
The American Library Association (ALA) is seeking a full-time Programs & Marketing Specialist for its Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) division.
This position is responsible for the extensive network of LITA programming. Provides program management, and strong negotiation skills to ensure successful events. Also responsible for the marketing and promotion of all products and services and management of the annual LITA Forum (500 maximum number of participants), online educational programs (approximately 14 each year), LITA preconferences (four each year for 20 to 100 participants) and LITA workshops (two each year for 20 to 100 participants). In conjunction with ALA’s Conference Services area, responsible for approximately 30 LITA programs and meetings at the ALA city-wide Annual Conferences and Midwinter meetings and other duties in support of LITA’s mission.
Requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, marketing and promotional experience. Association management experience, a plus. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. Experience preparing and planning a marketing campaign as well as management and budget experience. Experience maximizing marketing through social media outlets.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of MS Office, iMIS, web development software (e.g., Dreamweaver), content management systems (e.g., Drupal, Wordpress), and Adobe Connect. Superb negotiation skills, and experience with meeting and event contracts. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation a plus. Starting salary negotiable to mid 40s; based on experience. ALA has an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, generous paid vacation and a retirement annuity.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Apply online at http://www.ala.org/aboutala/contactus/workatala (additional documents are uploaded on the same screen as your resume)
Send resume and cover letter to:
American Library Association
Human Resources Department
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611