The Midwestern Region includes: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota
Metadata and Digital Curation Librarian, Grand Valley State University
The Metadata and Digital Curation Librarian provides leadership and guidance in the development
and implementation of data management strategies that will support discovery, access, management,
and preservation of the Libraries’ and University’s physical and digital assets and resources.
This position works collaboratively with librarians, archivists, IT staff and faculty to develop
the technological and organizational infrastructure needed to support the library’s growing digital
collections, digital scholarship and digital preservation initiatives. The successful candidate will
provide consultative support and expertise to GVSU faculty and academic units on research projects to
address their data service needs, including the development of data management plans for grant
applications to ensure usability, preservation and access
Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited institution
- Working knowledge with at least two of the following cataloging and metadata standards: MARC, Dublin Core, EAD, and PREMIS;
- Working knowledge of classification standards, authority records, and current cataloging rules and standards (e.g. AACR2, RDA, DACS); Working knowledge of best practices for managing and preserving digital collections;
- Working knowledge of data management issues and trends including methods of organizing and managing research data as well as consulting on data management plans; Knowledge of XML, OAI-PMH, OAI-ORE or other emerging metadata transfer specifications; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated presentation and project management experience; Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively both as a team member and independently;
- Capacity to thrive in a changing working environment;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to others of varying skill sets.
To view a full position description and application instructions please visit: www.gvsu.edu/library/jobs
Working environment/Description of institution:
Grand Valley State University is a public comprehensive university located in western Michigan with campuses in Allendale, Grand Rapids, and Holland, plus centers in Muskegon and Traverse City.
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with Experience Deadline for applying: The review of applications will begin on March 9, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application instructions: visit: www.gvsu.edu/library/jobs
Oak Park, IL