The Midwestern Region includes: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota
Aleph Support Analyst, Ex Libris (USA) Inc.
Des Plaines, IL
Job Summary: The Aleph Support Analyst is one of a team of support staff providing customer support for Ex Libris’ North American Aleph Integrated Library System (ILS) customers. Support Analysts are responsible for logging, documenting, and resolving questions and problems related to the applications of Aleph, and related ExLibris software. The analyst will provide initial and ongoing communication to the customer while performing problem analysis, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution related to the functional and technical aspects of Aleph.
- Support customers: manage personal queue of Cases according to response level guidelines by communicating with customers and solving the reported and underlying problems using your skills and resources; seek help or escalate as appropriate
- Investigate customer tickets by consulting documentation and other resources, following technical documented procedures, and by replicating and troubleshooting the problem, taking into account customer configuration and system parameters to diagnose the root cause.
- Identify software issues, and create detailed replication scenario and problem analysis documents to escalate problems to 2nd Line Support and Development.
- Handle incoming customer calls (low volume) as part of a rotating schedule of analysts, primarily directing the calls to specific Case owners.
- Maintain and improve personal and institutional knowledge: document troubleshooting, communication, and system changes in the CRM; document procedures, policies, and general knowledge on the Wiki; stay current on all functional aspects of supported products and train other employees as needed; contribute to customer-facing and internal knowledge documents;
- Provide manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems
- Use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information which will help improve team performance.
- Participate in occasional after-hours on-call duty shifts (approximately 8-14 shifts a year)
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree mandatory.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent highly desirable.
- Experience with troubleshooting in Unix systems and/or Oracle databases preferred.
- Experience in library service highly desirable.
- Customer support experience desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to
- communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service, demonstrate
- professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills and strive to improve efficiency and responsiveness.
- Must follow predefined guidelines, protocols, and procedures as directed.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic focused on providing a positive
- customer experience.
- Possess the ability to learn, retain, and apply new information and new products.
- Must be able to participate in phone support shifts between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Central.
**NOTE: THIS JOB IS BASED OUT OF OUR DES PLAINES, IL OFFICE. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE WORK OPPORTUINITY.**
Ex Libris is a leading provider of cloud-based solutions that automate library operations. Over 5,300 customers in more than 80 countries, including 175 of the top 250 universities worldwide and over 40 national libraries, deploy Ex Libris solutions to create a unified platform for both the management and discovery of library resources. Ex Libris cloud-based solutions allow libraries to lower operational costs, enhance efficiency, and extend their value to the organization through diverse new services and collaboration with other libraries and organizations. Using Ex Libris solutions, organizations can provide streamlined access to all the library's collections—whether online journals, e-books, printed resources, or digital material. With headquarters in Jerusalem, we have 12 locations globally, with North American offices in Chicago and Boston.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application instructions: Email resume and cover letter to: Brian Noone at Brian.Noone@exlibrisgroup.com
Library Systems and Applications Specialist, Cleveland Public Library
For more info visit: www.cpl.org
E-Resources Librarian, Midwestern University
Downers Grove, IL