The Midwestern Region includes Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
Meadville Lombard Theological School (Unitarian Universalist) seeks an innovative and collaborative leader to serve as its Director of Library and Information Technology. The successful candidate will lead strategic and sustained technological innovations, and will coordinate their operations and assessment. The Director will play a key role in improving collaborative user-focused information technology services that contribute to the success of Meadville Lombard students, faculty, and staff. The Director will be committed to leading, building and supporting an active, responsive, globally and socially engaged, twenty-first-century library. Reporting to the Provost, the Director of Library and Information Technology is a full time 12 month exempt administrative position.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Direct information technology strategic planning, building and goal-setting initiatives to enhance the Libraries’ effectiveness as an innovative learning and discovery center.
- Manage the administrative and instructional IT functions.
- Teach digital and information literacy to faculty, staff and students including digital inclusion.
- Masters in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in libraries; applications from recent graduates are welcome.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of IT principles, process, systemsand standards. Deep understanding of technology trends in library services and in higher education.
- Conversant in community informatics – how information and communication technologies empowers or enables physical communities.
- Expertise in varied library technology applications that can extend collections and services to non-resident learners; awareness of current and emerging trends in information technology.
Desired qualifications: The successful applicant will have excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills; be active in professional activities/organizations; have a strong service orientation to our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the scholarly community; and maintain an ongoing interest in learning new trends in library and information technology.
Working environment/Description of institution: Meadville Lombard Theological School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Salary and benefits: Meadville Lombard Theological School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including spouse/partner/family insurance options.
Deadline for applying: Until filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional letters of reference via email to:email@example.com. Contact person: Dr. Sharon Welch
URL for further information: http://www.meadville.edu/job-postings.php