- 2:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM (Pacific)
Building Community, Culture, and Capacity with a UX Lab.
University of Toronto Libraries opened a User Research and Usability (UX) Lab in September 2017, the first space of its kind on campus. The UX Lab is open to students, staff, and faculty by appointment or during weekly drop in hours.
This 90 minute webinar will discuss:
- Our rationale behind building a physical usability lab and why a physical space isn’t always needed (or recommended)
- Our experience with community building efforts
- How to raise awareness of UX as a service to staff and the University community at large
- Evolution of the lab's services
- Next steps
This talk also discusses the difficulty faced when pitching new UX services to administration, provides a successful example, and examines why the pitch was successful.
- How to set up a lab on a budget, with or without a dedicated space. What do you really need?
- How to pitch your idea to administration and garnering the necessary staff support.
- Determining what services your users really need and how to quickly tailor services to user needs.
Who Should Attend
- LITA Member: $45
- Non-Member: $105
- Group: $196
Adobe Connect login info will be sent to registrants just prior to the start date.
How to Register
Mail or fax form to ALA Registration
OR call 1-800-545-2433 and press 5
OR email email@example.com
Live, synchronous lectures will require attendee participation via internet audio. Attendees will need a wired, high-speed internet connection, and a headset or speakers. It is recommended that attendees use headsets connected to their computers (VOIP) during an Adobe Connect session. All attendees are muted and should use the built in chat function to communicate with presenters. The use of computer speakers with a mic is not recommended, as it may cause echo. The recommended browser is Mozilla Foxfire although other browsers should work adequately for attending.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration: call 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or comments related to the course, contact LITA at (312) 280-4268 or Mark Beatty, email@example.com.