Who We Are
We help IT people in libraries and related organizations stay up-to-date with trends in library technology, learn practical skills, and meet creative, engaged people who are making a difference in their work and their communities.
Our members come from all types of libraries and institutions focusing on information technology in libraries. They include library decision-makers, practitioners, information professionals, and vendors who work together to improve library IT services.
Benefits of LITA personal membership
- A variety of interest groups you can join to find others with similar interests and learn more about important topics;
- Networking with the brightest and best in the library and information technology world to solve problems and improve library IT services;
- Discounts on high quality, online webinars and courses;
- Standard 20% discount on our popular LITA Guides, full of practical advice and best practices;
- The biggest savings on our annual LITA Library Technology Forum, held every November;
- The latest thought provoking articles from our Information Technology and Libraries (ITAL) journal and LITA Blog to help you stay current;
- Opportunities to contribute your expertise in a meaningful way through participation on committees, presenting webinars and courses, authoring publications, and more.
- Regular member: $60
- Non-salaried member (in transition, retired, or earning less than $30K per year): $30
- Student member = $25
- Organizational/Corporate member = $90 (does not include personal membership benefits for organization's staff)
Please note: You must be a member of the American Library Association (ALA) to join LITA. Membership rates listed above do not include the price of ALA membership. Learn more about ALA dues.
Paying Dues in Installments
Personal members whose annual dues total $135 or more in any combination of ALA, divisions, sections, and round tables may choose to pay in two equal installments when joining with a credit or debit card. Learn more about paying dues in installments.
If you have questions regarding membership dues or becoming a member, please contact the ALA Member and Customer Service (MACS) Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433. ALA customer service is available to assist you Monday–Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Central Time.