Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- To establish and maintain diversity as a fundamental principle of LITA,
- To articulate the desired facets of diversity within LITA,
- To propose appropriate goals for diversity in LITA membership, participation, and programming and metrics for measuring success,
- To advise and coordinate with other LITA committees, task forces, and the governing board on strategies to meet diversity goals,
- To coordinate with other groups within ALA on diversity issues in the library workplace, and
- To report annually to the governing board on the committee's progress,
- To serve as LITA liaison to the ALA Diversity Committee through the chair or another designee from the committee.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/26/2017. Last retrieved on 02/26/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee began in 2016.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on this committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).