- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
- Understand the basic tenets of ethnographic research & when these methodologies are appropriate
- Have strategies for engaging library staff and stakeholders
- Know how to plan for a contextual inquiry, including:
- Assembling a team
- Determining size and scope
- Conducting interviews
- Conducting debrief sessions
- Synthesizing data
- Understand how to process and use the collected data in meaningful ways
- Have strategies for advocating for change based on research findings
- Feel confident in their ability to scale and conduct a contextual inquiry at their own library
Who Should Attend
- LITA Member: $135
- ALA Member: $195
- Non-member: $260
Moodle and Webinar login info will be sent to registrants the week prior to the start date.
How to Register
The live, synchronous lectures will require attendee participation via internet audio. Attendees will need a wired, high-speed internet connection, and a headset or speakers. It is recommended that attendees use headsets connected to their computers (VOIP) during an Adobe Connect session. All attendees are muted and should use the built in chat function to communicate with presenters. The use of computer speakers with a mic is not recommended, as it may cause echo. The recommended browser is Firefox although other browsers should work well for attending.
Alternately the webinar recordings can be viewed after the live lecture using a standard web browser, internet connection, and audio out capability to speakers or head phones.