Lightning Talks at LITA Forum 2009: Fast Talkers With Great Ideas Wanted!
Along with sparkling keynotes and terrific programs, LITA Forum 2009, October 1-4 in Salt Lake City, offers two sessions of nine five-minute lightning talks (at previous Forums, called Five Minute Madness) on Friday, Oct. 2 at 4:20 and again on Sat. Oct. 3 at 10:50 am.
Lightning talks are snappy presentations that are great fun for attendees and an opportunity for presenters to showcase late-breaking ideas, trends, and achievements. Speakers are strictly held to five minutes (we sound the gong at 4:59). There is a Q&A period for all speakers at the end.
Want to continue the conversations after the lightning talks? Sessions are conveniently scheduled right before Friday’s Vendor Showcase Reception and Saturday’s lunch.
Lightning talks are first-come, first-serve. We will assign the first 18 people who reply, and once these slots are full, the other names will go on a waiting list. We assume you’re registered for LITA Forum!
TO SIGN UP:
1. Send an email to email@example.com with your name, email, organization, title for your lightning talk, and preferred session (October 2 or October 3). Please put LITA Forum Lightning Talk in the subject of your message. Use the Conference Schedule to help you select your preferred session time.
2. We will notify the lightning-talkers and the first few runners-up by September 15, 2009.
3. If your plans change, please let us know so we can reassign your slot!
BE SCHOOLED ON THE RULES:
1. LITA Forum attendees from companies are welcome to participate, but the content must relate to technology and libraries and should not be a sales pitch.
2. People who already have programs, papers, posters accepted at LITA Forum are requested to give others a chance (unless they are burning with a completely different idea they are absolutely dying to share).
3. These are quick, fun, low-barrier talks. Extensive slides and handouts are not required or expected. Remember, when the gong strikes, you’re outta there.
4. If you use slides, please bring them in a format compatible with MS PowerPoint on a thumb drive for loading onto the computer in the room during the break preceding the session (or load them to a slidesharing site and advise us of the URL). We will ensure that they are forwarded to the LITA office for inclusion on the Forum website.