The Communications & Marketing Committee is a standing committee that develops and implements LITA’s strategic communications and marketing plan to promote LITA’s mission, vision, values, and important news around membership, publications, education, volunteering, events, and more. The committee is also responsible for establishing best practices for style and content that is used in all communication formats and will work closely with the LITA Staff and Web Coordinating Committee.
Possible work includes the following:
- Oversee current and future work on the LITA brand
- Assist in the content strategy for the LITA website and other media channels
- Observe activities and work of the LITA Board, Committees, and Interest Groups and write news-style stories for the association
- Facilitate and promote participation to increase membership value, benefits, and satisfaction
- Provide content ideas as needed
- Promote best practices through various media channels
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/23/2018. Last retrieved on 05/23/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Communications Committee should consists of no fewer than eight (8) members, each appointed for two years by the LITA Vice-President
- One (1) Board Liaison
- One (1) Staff Liaison
- One (1) member of this committee will serve as liaison to the LITA Web Coordinating Committee
- One (1) member of the Web Coordinating Committee shall be the Web Coordinating Committee's liaison to this committee
The LITA Vice-President will appoint one member as Committee Chair and one as Vice-Chair to a one (1) year term each year.
- See more at: http://connect.ala.org/node/229184#sthash.Xzfnfevw.dpuf
Liaison's to LITA Committees
- 2015 LITA Forum Committee: Tammi Owens
- 50th Anniversary Task Force: Vicki Palmer
- Education Committee: tba
- Membership Development Committee: Kristina Rose