LITA needs a system or process to gather, post, and share LITA sponsored programs presented at conferences and events online. Its time we do.
To explore and recommend a systematic approach to gather and post LITA programs presented at events such as ALA Annual Conference, LITA National Forum, LITA Camp, etc.
- Identify the types of programs that are presented and which are most appropriate for online posting
- Identify other organizations such as ACRL, PLA, WebJunction, etc, who are currently providing this service to learn about their experiences
- How should the content be delivered online i.e. live webcast, produced in a studio, screencast, etc.
- Identify, evaluate, and analyze available systems
- Identify which systems are best for delivering each type of program
- Determine who should have access to what types of programs and how. This should include:
- Identifying the appropriate delivery method
- Who should have access. Should it be available to all LITA members, available to everyone, etc.?,
- Should access be different for different user communities?
- Should their be a registration fee for certain types of programming
Task Force Members
The task force should include at least one member from each of the following LITA Committees:
- LITA Program Planning Committee
- LITA National Forum Committee 2009
- LITA National Forum Committee 2010
- LITA Web Coordinating Committee
- LITA Education Committee
- LITA BIGWIG
The task force should submit their recommendations to the LITA Board of Directors no later then ALA Midwinter Conference 2010 and run a pilot project at the Annual Conference 2010.