LITA Change Task Force
As part of its strategic thinking sessions that the LITA Executive Committee, Board, and Committee chairs have undergone in the past 2 years, it is felt strongly that a serious look at the structure, charges, and assignments of current elected and appointed leaders requires attention and potential change.
Investigate the efficiencies of the LITA organization structure and make recommendations based on the investigation. Areas that need specific attention include, but are not limited to:
- Size of board membership
- Specific responsibilities for each board member
- Charges and composition of Committees
- Committee relationships with the Board and with each other
- Meeting and process efficiencies
- Between-meeting communication and participation
Upon completion of the work, the Task Force will submit a list of recommendations to the LITA Board of Directors.
The task force should submit their recommendations to the LITA Board of Directors no later than ALA Midwinter Conference 2010.