Next Generation Catalog Interest Group
This group gives LITA a discussion space devoted to developments in the library catalog, its nature and scope, and its interfaces. It provides a forum for presentations and sharing of innovation in catalogs and discussion of future directions. Collaborations with other LITA interest groups, such as in the areas of emerging technologies and open source software, will provide opportunities for programming.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 02/09/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Next Generation Catalog Interest Group Email List
- NGC4LIB (Next Generation Catalogs for Libraries) Mailing List (sponsored by Eric Lease Morgan)
- Designing the future -- Library Systems and Data Formats Wiki (sponsored by Karen Coyle)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Linked Data & Next Generation Catalogs
- Next Generation Catalog Interest Group
- LITA Next Generation Catalog Interest Group Annual Report, 2010-2011
- NextGen Catalog IG welcomes Becka Rich, our new Vice-chair/Chair-elect
- Linked In: Library Data and the Semantic Web
- Online Polls Open for NextGen Catalogs IG Vice-chair/Chair-elect
- 2011 Report - Midwinter
- 2010 Report - Annual
- 2007 Report - Annual
- 2008 Report - Midwinter
Interest groups are completely self-initiated and not appointed by LITA officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to LITA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
Interest groups are open to all LITA members. Conference attendance is not required. To join a group, contact the chair, attend meetings, and get involved with their activities and discussions. See contact information in the above roster by logging into the site and clicking your browser refresh button. If you need help, contact the LITA office at email@example.com.