Linked Library Data Interest Group (LITA / ALCTS)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 05/23/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Midwinter 2013 - business meeting and managed discussion reports
- Linked Library Data Discussion at ALA Midwinter
- Linked Library Data IG business meeting at Midwinter 2013
- Linked Library Data
- Meeting notes, ALA Midwinter 2012
- Creating Library Linked Data: What Catalogers and Coders Can Build
- CANCELLED Linked Library Data Interest Group
- Linked Data Pre-Conference at ALA Annual
- Tools, Resources, Vocabularies and Data Sets - Prototype pages
- Agenda Midwinter 2012, Sunday, Jan. 22, 10:30-12
Interest groups are completely self-initiated and not appointed by LITA officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to LITA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
The Linked Library Data Interest Group, a joint interest group of LITA and ALCTS, was established in 2011. Over the past few years, the topic of Linked Library Data has been of increasing interest to ALA Membership, and to the profession at large. Based on this interest, informal discussion group meetings were held at ALA Annual 2010 and ALA Midwinter 2011. These meetings were lively and well-attended, leading to an effort to formalize the Interest Group as a forum to discuss issues, problems and progress related to linking library data with the Web.
Interest groups are open to all LITA members. Conference attendance is not required. To join a group, contact the chair, attend meetings, and get involved with their activities and discussions. See contact information in the above roster by logging into the site and clicking your browser refresh button. If you need help, contact the LITA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.