Usability Issues in Metasearch Interface Design Preconference
The program began with an introduction by Lisa Martincik (University of Iowa Libraries), Co-Chair of the Interest Group with Paul Soderdaul. Martincik suggested we follow the interface usability rule of computer game developers: is the interface intuitive and can it be learned quickly?
The preconference was organized around four expert panelists, each speaking for 20 minutes. There were opportunities at the end of each presentation and at the end of the session for questions and answers.
The participating audience was made up of over 40 attendees from academic and public libraries as well as content-providing vendors. The format and diversity of the speakers, as well as the audience, made for a lively and provocative afternoon.
- Ezra Schwartz – Getting to know U
- Brenda Bailey-Hainer - Metasearch and the Public Portal
- Oliver Pesch - Usability Issues in Metasearch Interface Design: perspectives of an information provider
- Stanley Wilder - Usability and Metasearch at Rochester
- Usability Issues in Metasearch Interface Design Notes