Central to the core service mission of libraries is supporting the intersection of innovation, resilience, and exemplary service. Library technology acts as the linchpin – connecting patrons to information and to wider topics around knowledge creation and dissemination. The power of LITA is in our membership. We have the potential to be the most effective voice for library technology on a national and international level. To provide the ability to research, implement, and lead professional transformations, while committing to a culture of inclusion and diversity. We must invest in educational initiatives, advocacy, and information sharing and take advantage of the talents and commitments of our colleagues by increasing partnerships and clearly articulating our vision for the future within ALA and throughout our profession. Perhaps most importantly, LITA should remain a home for all who seek one. There is a place for you here and we welcome your voices.
Associate University Librarian for Collections & Technologies
- Chief Operating Officer and Services Manager - Digital Preservation Network (DPN) - 2015
- Director, Emerging Technologies & Services - Oregon State University Libraries & Press - 2010 - 2015
- Assistant Director for IT - Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University - 2008 - 2010
I have had the distinct honor of helping to reshape the structure and governance of the Samvera community, to help lead strategic planning efforts with the Fedora community, to set the strategic direction of the Avalon project with our partners at Indiana University. I have had the pleasure of working on the board for DuraSpace and have been instrumental in the intent to merge discussions recently announced with Lyrasis.
I've been proud to represent LITA interests with IFLA for the last few years, that I have hosted and helped organize LITA's first and second Avram Camp, and that I was asked to serve on the Operations Working group working on the proposed merger between LLAMA, ALCTS, and LITA.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 - 2019 - ARL Leadership Fellow
- 2018 - Beyond the Repository II. LG-70-18-0168. IMLS. $ 249,607.
- 2017 - Avalon Media System: Integrating audiovisual collections with research, digital preservation, and a sustainable developer community. LG-70-17-0042-17. IMLS. $967,088.
- 2016 - Beyond the Repository. LG-72-16-0135-16. IMLS. $49,114.
- 2012 - Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. LSTA. 2012. $68,635.
- 2012 - ACRL Harvard Leadership Institute, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- 2011 - OSU Libraries & Press - Robert Lundeen Faculty Award Recipient
- Wilcox, David, Evviva Weinraub. 2017. Supporting Digital Preservation and Access with Fedora. International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA WLIC) - Conference Proceeding - Wroclaw, Poland
- Schwartz, Ariel, Eva Kaplan, Evviva Weinraub Lajoie, Trey Terrell, Esther Ajambo. 2015. Using a Principal Agent Model to Explain User-Centered Design Challenges for Mother Tongue Reading in Kenya. International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies & Development (ICTD 2015) – Conference Proceeding - Singapore
- Weinraub Lajoie, Evviva, Rick Stoddard. 2014. The Possibilities are Assessable: Using an Evidence-Based Framework to Identify Assessment Opportunities in Library Technology Departments. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, Vol 10, No 4 (December 2014)
Degrees and Certificates
- University of Maryland, MLIS, 2006
- Boston University, B.L.S., 2000
Round Table Affiliations
- International Relations (IRRT)
Were you a Spectrum Scholar?
Were you an Emerging Leader?
ALA and/or ALA-APA Activities
- 2018 - Present - ALA International Relations Committee
- 2018 - 2019 - LITA/ALCTS/LLAMA Merger Working Group
- 2014 - 2019 - LITA DIrector at Large
- 2013 – 2015 – LLAMA Mentor
- 2012 – 2014 – ALA LITA Assessment and Research Committee
- 2012 – 2014 – ALA LLAMA/HRS Leadership Skills Committee
- 2013 – 2015 – ALA LITA Program Planning Committee (Chair 2015)
- 2013 – 2015– ALA ACRL International Perspectives on Academic & Research Libraries Discussion Group – Chair
- 2012 – 2013 – Co-Chair LITA Mobile Interest Group
- 2012 – 2013 – Chair LITA Heads of Library Technology IG
- 2011 – 2012 – Vice-Chair LITA Heads of Library Technology IG; 2008 – 2012 – LITA International Relations
- 2006 – 2010 – IRRT Membership Chair
Offices Held in State, Regional, and Other Library Associations
- 2017 - Present Co-convener - IFLA Women, Information & Libraries Special Interest Group
- 2017 - 2019 - Convener - IFLA Linked Data Special Interest Group
- 2017 - Present - IFLA Library Information Technology Association Standing Committee
- 2013 - 2015 - Library Publishing Coalition, Program Planning Committee
- 2012 - 2015 - Educause LIBIT - Program Planning
- 2011 - 2015 - MetaArchive Cooperative Content Committee Member
- 2018 - Present - HathiTrust Program Steering Committee
- 2018 - Present - DuraSpace Board of Directors
- 2017 - 2019 - Fedora Steering Committee
- 2015 - Present - Illinois Digital Heritage Hub Board Member
- 2018 - Open Repositories Program Co-Chair
Links to Further Information