LITA and the ALA are changing. As a long term member of LITA and ALA, I want to be involved in the processes that create these changes so I can ensure we continue to create an association that works for their members. I feel that my long-term membership in ALA and LITA, and my recent involvement in both put me in a valuable position to be an asset as we move towards changes in the association.
Lewis & Clark Library
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the SWIM Library MLS grant, 2012 (2011-2013)
- Beckstrom, Matthew. Protecting Patron Privacy Safe Practices for Public Computers: Safe Practices for Public Computers. Libraries Unlimited, 2015.
- Beckstrom, Matthew, et al. Protecting Patron Privacy a LITA Guide. Edited by Bobbi Newman and Bonnie Tijerina, Rowman & Littlefield, 2017.
Degrees and Certificates
- University of North Texas, Masters in Information Science, 2012
- Montana State University, Bachelors in Computer Science, 2010
Round Table Affiliations
- Intellectual Freedom Round Table (IFRT)
Were you a Spectrum Scholar?
Were you an Emerging Leader?
ALA and/or ALA-APA Activities
- ALA Chapter Councilor: 2016 - 2019
- ALA Conference Committee: 2017 - 2019
- LITA liaison to the Intellectual Freedom Committee 2018 - 2019
Offices Held in State, Regional, and Other Library Associations
- Montana Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor: 2016 - 2019
- Montana Library Association Director at Large: 2012 - 2016
- Montana Library Association Intellectual Freedom Committee board member: 2016 - 2019
- Montana Library Association PLA President: 2014, 2016
- Montana Library Association Government Affairs Committee member 2010 - 2020
- Montana LIbrary Association Offline retreat chair: 2006, 2010, 2012
Links to Further Information