Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2018. Last retrieved on 10/23/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
One director from the LITA Board will serve as a liaison and a minimum of 3 members selected from the division at large, one of whom shall be appointed the committee chair.
The Program Planning Committee Chair also serves as the LITA Representative to the ALA Conference Program Coordinating Team (CPCT).
About this Committee
- Issue the call for LITA programs and preconferences at ALA Annual Conferences
- Select programs using rubric
- Liaison with presenters
- Shepherd programs during Annual Conference if onsite
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month
- April, May, June, and October are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- People who are organized, excellent communicators, and are connected to current trends in libraries and technology
- Any similar experience with conference/program planning or service on an award or nominating committee