- To recommend amendments to the bylaws of the division and to report upon proposals for amendments referred to the committee.
- To review and monitor current policies and procedures of the division to ensure consistency with the bylaws and to propose revisions to the bylaws if necessary.
- To advise the Board of Directors, and through it the division membership, on the establishment, functions, and discontinuance of committees, interest groups, and other organization entities as the needs of the division require.
- To review on a periodic basis all LITA liaisons to internal and external, temporary and permanent groups, to ensure that the liaison relationship is consistent with LITA mission and goals and that the relationship is being carried out according to LITA policy and procedures.
The Committee shall recommend the name and size of the division committees, and may recommend special regulations concerning the composition of each committee and the appointment and terms of office of each of its members.
The Committee shall review each committee on a periodic basis concerning the committee's relevance and success in meeting the mission and goals of the division.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2016. Last retrieved on 01/22/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Bylaws and Organization Committee consists of 5-10 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve 2-year terms and are led by the committee chair.
About this Committee
- Makes recommendations for committee and interest group renewals
- Recommends new committees and interest groups to the LITA Board
- Recommends changes to the LITA Bylaws
- Advises the LITA President/Vice President if a Bylaws/procedural question arises
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-3 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 1 hour per month
- May, June, November, December are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- General knowledge of bylaws and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to write clearly (for bylaws changes)
- Organizational policy experience
- Experience leading a LITA Committee or IG
- Chair needs to be good at gentle yet persistent nagging