Bylaws and Organization Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 03/07/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Bylaws Committee Meeting Agenda - Midwinter 2014
- Bylaws and Organization Committee
- Can ex officio members of the Board be committee liaisons per our current bylaws?
- Can Ex Officio Board members be liaisons?
- Bylaws and Organization (LITA)
- Need for a Secretary on the Board
- Bylaws and Organization Committee Meeting (LITA)
- Bylaws and Organization Committee Meeting II (LITA)
- Annual 2012 Bylaws documents
- Minutes from MW 2012 meeting
The Bylaws and Organization Committee consists of 5 to 10 members, appointed from LITA membership. Committee members serve 2 year terms and are led by the committee chair.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on this committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).