The Assessment and Research Committee serves as the research arm for LITA and communicates information and analyses to the Board, the membership, and the general public. ARC also provides consulting on data collection and assessment to other LITA committees and task forces. Such services may include help with survey design, choices related to assessment instruments, selection of metrics, etc.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2009. Last retrieved on 03/24/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Assessment and Research Committee typically consists of about 10 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve 2-year terms and are led by the committee chair.
About this Committee
- Assisting other LITA groups with special assessment and research projects (recent projects have included a membership analysis, a review of open access funding models for our journal, and analyzing social media statistics)
- Developing surveys for the LITA membership or reviewing surveys developed by other LITA entities
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-3 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 5 hours per month
- May is the busiest month
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Survey methodologies, assessment strategies, literature researching
- Experience collecting, managing, and visualizing data
- Data visualization and storytelling
- Strong writing skills
- Experience constructing effective surveys and other assessment tools