Committees assist the board of directors in the management of the division, or address particular concerns of the division. Terms commence and end at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences.
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Imagineering Interest Group Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2014
- Game Making IG Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2014
- INVITATION to Responsive Design in Libraries - LITA Mobile Interest Group Virtual Meeting for ALA Midwinter
- Top Technology Trends Committee (Library and Information Technology Association) 2013, annual report
- ALCTS/LITA MARC Formats Transition Interest Group
- LITA Distance Learning IG
- LITA Open Source Interest Group
- Linked Library Data Interest Group Annual Report
- Drupal IG Annual Report 2013
- LITA International Relations Committee 2013 ALA Annual Report
The committee chairs group consists of chairs of all LITA committees, the Committee Coordinator and LITA staff liaisons.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).