Committees assist the board of directors in the management of the division, or address particular concerns of the division. Terms commence and end at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 01/31/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- LITA Committee/IG Chairs Updates & Important Info: Program Planning Deadlines for 2015
- The SEO Interest Group Report Annual 2014
- Authority Control Interest Group, ALA Annual 2014 (Las Vegas)
- Imagineering Interest Group Meeting, ALA Annual 2014
- Game Making Interest Group Meeting, ALA Annual 2014
- LITA Joint Committee and IG Chairs Agenda Annual Conference 2014
- Imagineering Interest Group Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2014
- Game Making IG Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2014
- INVITATION to Responsive Design in Libraries - LITA Mobile Interest Group Virtual Meeting for ALA Midwinter
- Top Technology Trends Committee (Library and Information Technology Association) 2013, annual report
The committee chairs group consists of chairs of all LITA committees, the Committee Coordinator and LITA staff liaisons.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).