Committee and Interest Group Chairs
Committees assist the board of directors in the management of the division, or address particular concerns of the division. LITA Interest Groups help shape future LITA programs, education initiatives, and publications. Terms for chairs of both commence and end at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2012. Last retrieved on 09/24/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Web Coordinating Committee report for ALA Annual 2016
- Bylaws & Organization Committee Report
- New Committee & IG Report Form
- LITA meetings requests for ALA Annual - Orlando
- 3D Printing Interest Group Meeting at Midwinter 2016
- Bylaws & Organization Meeting at ALAMW16 - Minutes
- HoLT Agenda -- 2016 ALA Midwinter
- LITA All Chairs ALA Midwinter 2016 meeting
- Imagineering IG Meeting, ALA Annual 2015
- Game Making IG Meeting, ALA Annual 2015
This group consists of chairs of all LITA committees and interest groups, the Committee Coordinator, and LITA staff liaisons.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).